Party of 4 to party of 2 questions?

kdinkus1

:confused: My husband and I booked a cruise in December and were planning on sharing the room with another couple. They couldn't afford a room for themselves so we gladly split the cost for a one room, 3-4 occupancy. Now there might be a glitch and this couple MAY back out. I know I need to be in touch with our TA but until we know for sure, I hate to call and confuse her with a what 'if' scenario? So my questions are: Will we have to re-book the cruise? Can we keep the same room? (I'm quite happy with our deck/room choice!) We have 2 grown children who said that they would be happy to go in our friends places but am not sure how that works, especially since we haven't reached that 'lost discount' rate. We are still over 3 months away. Any help would be appreciated!

Since often a room for 2 people is less expensive than the rooms that accomadate 3 or 4 people, you may want to see if there is a difference in price if you rebook to a different room. I'd call the TA and get some info.

Hi

The first and second rate in a cabin won't change...that is if you didn't just divide by 4. If you did you can just pay the difference. You won't have to rebook and lose your room. If your kids want to go you should be far enough out that you won't even have a change fee.

Good Luck! I hope it all works out.

Until final payment, you can make a change to your booking as long as one of the original people is still booked. This means that you can add or remove people until final booking. The cost of the cabin will change since you won't be paying for the additional people -- you'll just be paying for the 1st and 2nd person at the same rate you were booked at. Once final payment has been made, there's a $50 charge per change, including changing the name of one of the people booked.

Archived