Debarkation day plan

Colbycat

Our flight out on debarkation day is at 2:30. We are planning on seeing OSJ and the rum factory pre cruise, and were wondering what to do on debarkation day. If we self debark to get an early start is it feasible to rent a car to go see the rainforest? I didn't think this was possible, but then I was reading a lot of cruises are only in port 7-2 and they go see the rainforest without any problems. Also, would it be better to take a cab to the airport to rent the car since the locations closer to the pier don't seem to open til 8 or 9? Thanks for your advice!

Our flight out on debarkation day is at 2:30. We are planning on seeing OSJ and the rum factory pre cruise, and were wondering what to do on debarkation day. If we self debark to get an early start is it feasible to rent a car to go see the rainforest? I didn't think this was possible, but then I was reading a lot of cruises are only in port 7-2 and they go see the rainforest without any problems. Also, would it be better to take a cab to the airport to rent the car since the locations closer to the pier don't seem to open til 8 or 9? Thanks for your advice!

It is certainly do able. Just know the drive there is going to be around 30-45 min (same back) I would plan for an hour and a half and you can see a fair amount of the park in a few hours. I personally would rent the car at the airport for the convenience factor and then either have GPS or rent one with the car. If you can be off in the early AM and get on the road from the airport by 930 you can easily get a couple of hours in the Rain Forest. And maybe if you are lucky your flight will change to a little later :eek::cool: so you don't have to rush so much. When back at the airport don't forget to go through the USDA inspection first (you might even check ahead and see if someone can check your luggage in while you are renting your car etc. just to save some time on the way back. :confused: Good luck and enjoy your time there.