Found a Blazer for my Son

I went all over Tucson yesterday shopping for different things my son needs for various activities including Football and Cub Scouts. I also dropped into some of the resale shops where I founda Navy Blue blazer in his size for only $5. I brought it home and his reaction was "What's this for again", and then "Oh, the dining room for the cruise."

The good news is that it fits, and he'll be able to follow the men's dress code on the informal nights.

We took our 2 boys on a cruise last month - their first. I brought my 7 y/o son's Communion suit but I told him he didn't have to wear the tie (NCL has less formal freestyle dining) Well, would you believe it, he wanted to bring the tie!

And people talks about girls....:rolleyes:

....I also dropped into some of the resale shops where I founda Navy Blue blazer in his size for only $5....

For our first cruise my Mom and I went to a local resale shop and we found a Navy Blue Blazer for my oldest ds for 95 cents. It was in great condition. I felt great because I didn't have to buy a suit that I know he would outgrow in the blink of an eye!

Lisa :)

Lisa,

My son will be 9 this month, and the blazer I bought was a 12. It fits him with a little room to grow now, but he is growing so fast it might fit perfect by cruise time.

The 95 cent blazer reminds me of the thread about Carnival suggesting inexpensive rain gear. One poster had bought a rain poncho at Big Lots for something like 69 cents.

I had looked on E-bay for boys blazers, and I found one place in England that sold them new for about $14, but shipping added another $6. I also found some to bid on for about $5-$10, but wanted to check out the resale shops in Tucson, so I wouldn't have to pay postage. I must have visited 6 different resale shops before I found this blazer, I just lucked out. I also had to buy him a hard padded chin strap for his football helmet, I went to about six sporting goods stores too, and finally found one for 10.95, so the chin strap was more than his blazer. Kind of funny.

My daughter who is 7 1/2 is little, but she is maybe just a little too big for her size 6 fancy dresses. She has a 6X that fits her perfect, so now I'm looking for something for her.

She'll make her First Communion in May, so I am thinking of buying her an ivory dress and putting a colorful taffeta bow around the waist for the cruise and then she'll have her dress for the spring. I've found a couple of E-bay shops that sell some of the Communion dresses for around $20, which is very good considering she'll wear it more than once.

Archived