Indian Food on Carnival Conquest?

cruiseelady

Emailed Carnival my request for an Indian vegetarian entree each night at dinner, got a very nice response the next day. I am so looking forward to my dinners now!

This seems redundant to me. Indian vegetarian is on the menu each night (unless the new menus don't). The request is specifically for Indian non-vegetarian, meaning meat dishes. These are not available on the menu, nor advertized; they have to be special ordered.

Does Carnival have another secret Indian vegetarian menu?

Could you please post the query & the reply you received from Carnival?

Thanks.

Edited by hirent

Did it last week on the Victory... Fabulous!

So you had Indian at dinner every day or just some of the days? I would prefer not to have it every day, and wonder if that would create a problem. I definitely want to eat lobster on the day that they will serve it, and maybe something else that will catch my interest on another day.

I am just wondering if anyone been on Carnival Conquest recently and see any Indian food during lunch or dinner at the Buffet or a separate place where they serve Indian food? I know that dinning room during dinner always has vegetarian Indian meals but I am not interested in that.

I have gone on Carnival Splendor and they have a place called Taj Mahal, which was open only for lunch, so I wonder it Carnival Conquest has something like this as well or at least at the buffet?

Its my favorite ethnic cuisine, so I am curious if they have it.

Conquest does not have Tandoor which serves Indian food exclusively. Tandoor is on Splendor, Dream, Magic, and Breeze.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/EatingPleasure.htm

"CQ" in the far right column indicates the food shown is available on Conquest.

So you had Indian at dinner every day or just some of the days? I would prefer not to have it every day, and wonder if that would create a problem. I definitely want to eat lobster on the day that they will serve it, and maybe something else that will catch my interest on another day.

On our Valor cruise the hostess would come every night to the table to check with me if I wanted to order the non-vegetarian for the next night. She would put in the request only if I said 'yes'. I actually asked her to request it for every night but she insisted on checking every night. She was really great.

And I ordered two entrees every night, one of them being the Indian non-vegetarian entree.

Lobster night, I had two lobster tails as well as the Indian entree. What can I say....had a long tour in port and was famished! :D:D

Edited by hirent

• 2 weeks later...
On our Valor cruise the hostess would come every night to the table to check with me if I wanted to order the non-vegetarian for the next night. She would put in the request only if I said 'yes'. I actually asked her to request it for every night but she insisted on checking every night. She was really great.

And I ordered two entrees every night, one of them being the Indian non-vegetarian entree.

Lobster night, I had two lobster tails as well as the Indian entree. What can I say....had a long tour in port and was famished! :D:D

This is great, I don't even need to call in to let them know I want Indian food. Like you, I will talk to the hostess the first night, to let her know I will be ordering from that menu.

Thanks!

This is great, I don't even need to call in to let them know I want Indian food. Like you, I will talk to the hostess the first night, to let her know I will be ordering from that menu.

Thanks!

No, the way I understand it, if you want the Indian meal with meat you need to request that menu at least two weeks before you set sail. The vegetarian option ins already on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, the way I understand it, if you want the Indian meal with meat you need to request that menu at least two weeks before you set sail. The vegetarian option ins already on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As "hirent" said, that is no need to do that. Just talk to the hostess that first evening to get non vegetarian Indian food.

As "hirent" said, that is no need to do that. Just talk to the hostess that first evening to get non vegetarian Indian food.

Well, you have to realize, I'm only posting my experience on one particular ship and only one time. That is a small sample size. Every ship, every maitre d', and every hostess is different. I may have lucked out by meeting one of the nicer ones.

If the rule is 'two weeks advance notice' some hostess might want to abide by the rule and not allow on-ship requests, especially if they are new at their job; they might want to toe the company line harder than other experienced crew members.

I would do as suggested and call or email the request in advance. I believe the email IDs for the maitre d' are available and often posted by someone on CC. Which itinerary are you sailing?

Edited by hirent