Baggage on trains

Help please.

We are travelling from Toronto to Montreal by train to start our cruise. The train we prefer does not have checked bags. Our cases will fit within the baggage allowance but how much room will there be to stow them.

I ask because we would not consider taking bags bigger than carry on size on British Rail

Help please.

We are travelling from Toronto to Montreal by train to start our cruise. The train we prefer does not have checked bags. Our cases will fit within the baggage allowance but how much room will there be to stow them.

I ask because we would not consider taking bags bigger than carry on size on British Rail

I took the train from Montreal to Quebec City in June to sail from Quebec City. My Via train did not have a baggage car but there was a large area in front of the passenger car for suitcases. You will not have a problem as long as you stick with the Via baggage allowance for trains without a baggage car.

Furthermore, from what I know, the Toronto-Montreal route is used mostly by business travelers who usually do not have a lot of luggage anyway.