Navigator Thoughts July 27, 2014

No noise or smoke from the crew deck. Yes, it is a small walk around behind the top level of the MDR.

We did have this trip (no wind except from the ship's movement) an odor on most days while underway. Not evident while docked. Not exactly sewage, but maybe incinerator type smell. This odor not present at all in November.

Yes, do pay attention to the voyager-class website if you are particular. Also look here on CC for a full video of this balcony. Is it different than a side balcony with glass? Yea, but we are sea-snobs and still have really enjoyed this balcony for more hours than typical side ones. We have had center humps on Radiance-class and still like this one better.

I for one, like the shade it provides. When in full sun (early or late) it can be warmer due to less breeze, but side balconies are miserable too in full sun. But the rest of the time you have the option to hangout closer to the "hole" or rails, or be scooted back against the wall - with full shade and a nice view of the wake.

Video here on CC (not mine) for the best views and understanding:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2058855&highlight=7688

Edited by dna1990

How much DrPepper and water did you carry on?

3 six-packs of DP and 1 six-pack of water (so nothing remarkable).

Usually they at least open and look at them, maybe shake the water bottles - but didn't even slow down the xray this trip.

Thanks for the review. We were on the Allure and in Cozumel with you. We booked the Navigator while on board for your itinerary so I appreciate your thoughts on the ports that you visited. Honestly, having been on most sizes of RCCL ships, the Allure was large but didn't usually feel crowded. The only times it felt crowded was during parades on the Promenade or when waiting to enter dinner or getting out of a show. Oh, and purchasing photos on the last day! Don't let the number of people on board worry you. If you enjoy/use the activities/amenities on the Navigator I'm sure you would like the Allure! Since I don't partake in most of the available activities I'm in no rush to pay the premium price to get back onboard Allure, but it was still a great cruise.