Toddler naps...on the beach??

Olwyn

Hi Everyone!

First of all, trying to decide whether to take my 20 month old neice to Paradise or another beach on Cozumel...and when I get there...how will she nap?:confused:

Any ideas would be sooooo appreciated!

Thanks.

We sail October 9th on the Star Princess.

Olwyn:)

Paradise beach in Cozumel has hammocks strung out between shade trees that are very shady and free. I could easily see a little one snoozing there, especially is she was cuddled up with her favorite aunt.:D Paradise has free lounge chairs which are all next to large shady umbrellas so shade is no problem and the beach isn't as well known as Chankanaab which is well known and was very crowded when we went there. On our next cruise we went to Paradise beach and loved it! Paradise beach is free but the others aren't. It cost us $12 to get into Chankanaab which I didn't think was worth it. All of the money we spent on getting into Chankanaab would have bought us a nice meal at Paradise. I've learned my lesson and know where I'm going from now on.;)

We had the opposite of the previous poster. Chankanaab was not crowded when we went and Paradise Beach was. But, we did enjoy both beaches. Chankanaab is a marine preserve and if you have others in your group who want to snorkel, this would be the place! It was wonderful. They have lounge chairs that sit right on the sand and palapas for shade. Chankanaab also has a small shallow cove where families with small children hang out and play in the sand/water. It just all depends what you are looking for. Paradise also has lounge chairs, hammocks and shade.

These are the only 2 beaches I've been to (2 cruises to Cozumel), so I don't have any other options for you.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

First of all, Lisaland 15, love the photos. Second, we have cruised with ours when they were both toddlers. They loved the beach and both also napped at the beach. Sometimes laying by themselves like in the photos and a couple times on me in the chair when they were really little. They slept on my chest and I read a book. Relaxation for both of us. Have a good time. The memories you will have will be worth it.

Thanks Lisaland for your wonderful Pics!:)

I hope Kate is as easygoing as your little one!

May I ask which beach you were on when these shots were taken?

I have just received a response from "Cozumel Cruise Excursions" regarding their "Beach Break" which they offer at both Nachi Cocum and Paradise.:confused:

Decisions, decisions...my sister loves the idea of a swim up bar and free drinks...

Thanks again so much everyone, you have put my mind at ease!

Olwyn

Both of these were at Paradise Beach. We also have a 10 yr. old son, and there was a lot for him to do there:

Water Trampoline:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/382240390/232320230wZcGin

Floating iceberg:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/382240390/232320280tseMGC

My daughter is pretty easy going and would be happy anywhere we were. :) We did bring sand toys with us, though. She found a little hermit crab in the sand and she was entertained by him for a while:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/382240390/232321247vRtEaP

There were lots of umbrellas and chairs. We were all able to stay shaded if we wanted.

Paradise Beach (from on top of the iceberg)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/382240390/232408388hRddFw

We were thinking about going to NC this time around for a change of paste, but they don't have the water toys like PB does. My hubby liked climbing the iceberg, too. PB also has floatie mats and kayaks. You can put a refundable deposit down and get a swim vest (for the kids) and snorkeling equipment (I think).

MLAW--Thanks! We lives about 25 mins. from the Port of Galveston, so cruising is a very feasible family vacation for us. We enjoy having the kids with us.

Archived