Disembarkation of the ship?

This will be our first cruise on Royal Caribbean, but not our first cruise and was wondering if they have a self assist disembarkation the morning getting back? We are sailing out of Port Everglades and want to take an early flight home. Must we wait to be called to exit the ship or can we self assist as early as we like taking our luggage with us?

On a FOS cruise I had to notify Guest Services I planned to self disembark. The last night I received written instructions on where and what time to wait for departure. No one checked anything so I could have just showed up and departed.

We went on the Allure a few weeks ago out of Port Everglades. We did the self departure and carried our own luggage off and it was wonderful! We will do this on every cruise from now on---you just have to be ready to get off around 6:30ish. It's a very stress free way to get off the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did self assist on IOS in April because I had a 10:35am flight. I was by myself and had to handle 2 pieces of luggage along with my purse. My only hiccup was having to wait more than 10 minutes for the elevators as they were all full with people and luggage. This was at 6:15am and I couldn't believe how full they were. I was on deck 7 so there was no way for me to walk down with all that luggage. I finally got aggressive and pushed my way into an elevator and then just walked off the ship. Customs took another 20 minutes but I was in the taxi line by 7am and off to the airport. Would totally do it again if I had to catch another early flight.