Belize with 3 and 5 year old

sunquest76

Hi Families!

I've figured out the rest of our ports, but am stuck for what to do in Belize. I have done cave tubing in the past and don't feel it is a good fit for my family. Any suggestions for a fun (cheap) day in Belize with a 3 and 5 year old? TIA!

Belize can be tricky, because IMO, its not as much of a do it yourself place as some others (aka Cozumel). You did not say what cruise line or ship. We went to Belize last year on Carnival with our DD who was 2 and we did a beach excursion through Carnival. It was Rendevous Cay I believe. It was nice because the tender left the ship and went directly to the private island (Cay). If we had booked through an independent tour I think we were going to have to take the tender to the port area and then get on another boat to take us to the beach. I liked it. It was not super cheap, but it was a nice beach. With little ones a beach is usually a good choice.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Belize last year on the Carnival Dream, our kids where 4,6,6 and we ended up deciding they would have more fun staying on board with the kids club for this one stop. The adults did cave tubing, after doing this I am glad we made the decision to have them stay aboard, while we had a great time tubing it wasn't a excursion I would have wanted to deal with 3 young kids on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We took our 3 year old on the Altun Ha Mayan Ruins tour in Belize. It is only 34 miles from Belize City so it was a relatively quick trip to get there compared to the further away all day excursions. She had a blast and I have amazing photos of her at the ruins. Her favorite part of the shore excursion the fresh bananas we bought from one of the vendors. She climbed on one of the smaller ruins and we took a picture as if she had scaled the large ruins. The large open court was great for her to run and play.