Rock of Ages Dilemma

anitsiva

I am trying to reserve Rock of Ages for an upcoming cruise. We do not want to take our children. We would like to send them to the kids club while we see this show. The problem is that Rock of Ages is showing at times when the kids club is closed.

6:30 or 9:30 on sea days.

The kids club does not open until 7pm and closes at 10:30. Even if we wanted to pay for the after hours club we would need to leave the show, sign them out and sign them back in.

I don't understand the logic of having a show that is not kid friendly yet not offering the ability to have your kids in the kids club during show time. The kids club should be open during the Rock of Ages show time since it is not recommended for children.

I am sure I am not the only one who has this issue. Am I missing something?

This is the reason we ventured over to Carnival for several years!

On Carnival, every night if you want, you can drop your kids off at Kids Club early so they go with the Kids Club down to the buffet for dinner all together. I also liked that Carnival ran Kids Club on Port Days the same as on Sea Days and if I wanted to leave my child in Kids Club while I went off to an excursion or shopping in the port I could. It was included in the price, the day was a regular Kids Club day, not a day I had to pay hourly for babysitting.

NCL will take the kids to dinner one night but you won't know which night that is until embarkation. Then you will have to be one of the lucky first 12 or 15 to sign up!

In your case, I'd probably book the 9:30 show. Either you or your husband can sneak out of the show and go do any necessary paperwork. Maybe they will let you sign up for the late nigh earlier in the day.

I am trying to reserve Rock of Ages for an upcoming cruise. We do not want to take our children. We would like to send them to the kids club while we see this show. The problem is that Rock of Ages is showing at times when the kids club is closed.

6:30 or 9:30 on sea days.

The kids club does not open until 7pm and closes at 10:30. Even if we wanted to pay for the after hours club we would need to leave the show, sign them out and sign them back in.

I don't understand the logic of having a show that is not kid friendly yet not offering the ability to have your kids in the kids club during show time. The kids club should be open during the Rock of Ages show time since it is not recommended for children.

I am sure I am not the only one who has this issue. Am I missing something?

I never had to sign mine out and then back in. You tell them at drop off they will be staying for aftercare. It shouldn't be an issue.

I never had to sign mine out and then back in. You tell them at drop off they will be staying for aftercare. It shouldn't be an issue.

I am trying to remember where I heard this. Its good to know that I can schedule this in advance. Thanks

Does anyone know what time they open kids club for parents going to the 6:30 show?

We had a call offering us the early drop off, this was without requesting anything from our end. The kids club staff had a list of people with reservations for the show and the children they were expecting. Drop off was quick and we made it to the show in lots of time. We were in a suite, but others seemed to have the same experience regardless of cabin category.

Dear anitsiva,

We accommodate parents who want to attend the Rock of Ages show and want to drop off their children at Splash Academy. We will open Splash Academy early for check-in to give those parents time to drop off and attend the first show. We also have a 30 minute grace period after scheduled closing for those that are attending the second Rock of Ages show.

We want you to enjoy your time onboard with us and will do everything we can to ensure that. We hope you have a great cruise. If you have any other questions, please email us at publicrelations@ncl.com.

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Dear anitsiva,

We accommodate parents who want to attend the Rock of Ages show and want to drop off their children at Splash Academy. We will open Splash Academy early for check-in to give those parents time to drop off and attend the first show. We also have a 30 minute grace period after scheduled closing for those that are attending the second Rock of Ages show.

We want you to enjoy your time onboard with us and will do everything we can to ensure that. We hope you have a great cruise. If you have any other questions, please email us at publicrelations@ncl.com.

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Thank you very much NCL! We have reserved the 6:30 show. Looking forward to it. :-)