Star Wars Theme?

Red84

OP, I love everything you have posted here!! And as has already been said, your wedding is just that -- YOURS. Do what makes the two of you happy. And I *love* those rings!!!

I hesitated to post here -- I am only "pre-engaged"... the BF and I talk about it all the time, and it is inevitable, but we want to take our time. And I know he wants to surprise me. :) Maybe on our Valentine's Day cruise next February??

Anyways, we are both bonafide geeks, and HUGE Star Wars fans, and have already said we definitely want SW elements in our wedding wherever it happens. If he's not already a member of the 501st by then (those costumes are *expensive*!!), we're at least going to have some 501st Stormtroopers at our wedding.

If you're on Pinterest, I've been amassing all sorts of "SW wedding" stuff on a hidden board that I'd be happy to share with you!! (My different wedding boards are hidden because we don't want a million questions from our friends and family, lol) :rolleyes:

I'm going to follow this thread -- I can't wait to see what else you come up with! And may the Force be with you!! :D

-gina-

OP, I love everything you have posted here!! And as has already been said, your wedding is just that -- YOURS. Do what makes the two of you happy. And I *love* those rings!!!

I hesitated to post here -- I am only "pre-engaged"... the BF and I talk about it all the time, and it is inevitable, but we want to take our time. And I know he wants to surprise me. :) Maybe on our Valentine's Day cruise next February??

Anyways, we are both bonafide geeks, and HUGE Star Wars fans, and have already said we definitely want SW elements in our wedding wherever it happens. If he's not already a member of the 501st by then (those costumes are *expensive*!!), we're at least going to have some 501st Stormtroopers at our wedding.

If you're on Pinterest, I've been amassing all sorts of "SW wedding" stuff on a hidden board that I'd be happy to share with you!! (My different wedding boards are hidden because we don't want a million questions from our friends and family, lol) :rolleyes:

I'm going to follow this thread -- I can't wait to see what else you come up with! And may the Force be with you!! :D

-gina-

I agree that it's a good idea to keep wedding pinterest boards hidden, no matter the stage of wedding planning. I wanted some of my wedding to be a surprise to my guests. If you post everything on public boards, they will know every detail before they even get to the wedding, which isn't fair to them or you. I did have one public wedding board that had more generic wedding stuff (like cruise wedding links), but I created hidden boards for 'wedding look' (hair, makeup, dress), 'OOT bags/favors', 'cake & decoration', and a 'hidden wedding misc'. I invited my sister/MOH to access the look board, but nobody ever saw the other boards except me.

-gina-

Thank you so Much!!! I am glad you have liked my ideas so far I will tell you when we found the site for the rings HE squealed like a 12 year old at a Justin Beiber Concert lol. I laughed so hard watching him Geek out. I love the rings to as they represent us perfectly. I would be happy to share the site if interested.

Congrats on the Pre-Engagement!!! Please feel free to post on this board everyone is wonderful when it comes to getting info and advice

We are also hoping to become members of the 501st we have been putting together costumes for years, your right it does get expensive. He wants to be a Storm trooper and I want to be a Bounty Hunter. I had thought about

hiring a 501st impersonator but am unsure if they will be allowed on the boat in costume and sadly no fake weapons allowed.

I would LOVE to see what you have and maybe send you what I have

Good Luck, have fun planning and... MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!

You are so sweet! I hate using the term "pre-engaged", like I'm trying to horn in on someone else's spotlight, but it's the only thing that fits at this point.

I ended up on this board because I was hoping to find some tips on romantic things to do or special experiences not to miss on our upcoming cruise. I have only ever cruised as a single mom, and have never even paid attention to romantic stuff around me onboard... And this will be his first cruise ever! My son heads off to college next week, and Mom is finally getting to live like a grownup. :D And I just want this cruise to be as special as possible. I figured the folks planning their weddings and honeymoons onboard a cruise would know a thing or two about shipboard romantic stuff. ;)

I'm so excited to follow your wedding plans! And I would *love* the website with the rings, and anything else you'd like to share. Just shoot me an email at crazy4disney@gmail.com and I'll be happy to share the SW stuff I've found too. :)

-gina-

You are so sweet! I hate using the term "pre-engaged", like I'm trying to horn in on someone else's spotlight, but it's the only thing that fits at this point.

I ended up on this board because I was hoping to find some tips on romantic things to do or special experiences not to miss on our upcoming cruise. I have only ever cruised as a single mom, and have never even paid attention to romantic stuff around me onboard... And this will be his first cruise ever! My son heads off to college next week, and Mom is finally getting to live like a grownup. :D And I just want this cruise to be as special as possible. I figured the folks planning their weddings and honeymoons onboard a cruise would know a thing or two about shipboard romantic stuff. ;)

I'm so excited to follow your wedding plans! And I would *love* the website with the rings, and anything else you'd like to share. Just shoot me an email at crazy4disney@gmail.com and I'll be happy to share the SW stuff I've found too. :)

-gina-

Having just come back from my wedding cruise (it was my 2nd cruise but his first cruise), if you are looking for romantic things to do, here are my suggestions:

1. Make reservations at the specialty restaurant. We had debated whether or not to pay for food when there was so much free food around, but we were so glad we did. It was nice to have a quiet dinner with just the 2 of us. And the food there was AMAZING. It was honestly the best filet minon I've ever had in my life, and I've eaten at some pretty high end places.

2. Other than that, we really didn't do too much that would be considered really romantic. We did spend some time on the adult only deck cuddled up in a chair together, especially early morning or late night. Mainly just watching the ocean, looking at stars (which were more difficult to see than I had expected due to the bright ships lighting), chatting, or just sitting there. We really just spent time together doing nothing during a lot of the cruise... it was wonderful.

3. You can usually call dining services before the cruise and request a 2 person table in dining room, if you'd rather eat alone instead of with strangers. I'm not sure they can guarantee it, but it never hurts to ask. Although, eating with others isn't really a bad thing either.

Oh, and Red84, those rings are AWESOME! I'm actually getting kind of jealous of your wedding. :p

-gina-

You got mail!!! lol I cant wait to see what you found :)

Oh, and Red84, those rings are AWESOME! I'm actually getting kind of jealous of your wedding. :p

Thank you!!!! Just looking at them makes me so happy!!! I love how he took into account what I would love and honestly what would be practical in the long run.

Having just come back from my wedding cruise (it was my 2nd cruise but his first cruise), if you are looking for romantic things to do, here are my suggestions:

1. Make reservations at the specialty restaurant. We had debated whether or not to pay for food when there was so much free food around, but we were so glad we did. It was nice to have a quiet dinner with just the 2 of us. And the food there was AMAZING. It was honestly the best filet minon I've ever had in my life, and I've eaten at some pretty high end places.

First off, CONGRATS on your wedding!!! How exciting!

We've talked about the specialty dining thing... I know he would really, really love Sabor onboard Navigator. My only issue is that I am one of those old-fashioned cruisers, who wishes every night was formal night and who thinks dining in the MDR is a solid tradition. I look forward to it so much!! And I always request the biggest sort of table, because it's such fun to meet new people from all over the place. I just love it, and I hate the idea of missing a night in the MDR. But I know he would love Sabor! I'm just not sure what to do there.

2. Other than that, we really didn't do too much that would be considered really romantic. We did spend some time on the adult only deck cuddled up in a chair together, especially early morning or late night. Mainly just watching the ocean, looking at stars (which were more difficult to see than I had expected due to the bright ships lighting), chatting, or just sitting there. We really just spent time together doing nothing during a lot of the cruise... it was wonderful.

I think we're looking forward to that the most... just the wonderful, quiet nothing.

3. You can usually call dining services before the cruise and request a 2 person table in dining room, if you'd rather eat alone instead of with strangers. I'm not sure they can guarantee it, but it never hurts to ask. Although, eating with others isn't really a bad thing either.

Yeah, I really like that part of traditional dining. :-)

Thanks for your suggestions!! And sorry to hijack your thread, Red!! We now return you to your awesome Star Wars wedding planning. :D

• 1 month later...
So I am stuck between two hair styles so I thought I would put it to a Vote with the lovely people who know as much about my wedding plans as my darling Fiancé;). So tell me what you think!!! :D

[ATTACH]325262[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]325263[/ATTACH]

I vote for number two. Seems a bit more wedding like to me. :) Also when you take it down it will give that reckless temptress effect. ;)

Edited by mrstriceasnice

Fiance' and I are getting married next September on the Pride in Baltimore.

Both of us are huge star wars fan, but like someone else, I don't want to cheese out the wedding with Star Wars references, but at the same time, I want to include something.

We were talking about music, and fiance' suggested the Han and Leia theme from Empire Strikes back, but then she thought, there was too much french horn in that.

I suggested Across the Stars (Padme and Anakin) which is a great piece, but we hate Padme.

I just had a thought of the walk out music as the end sequence before the credit roll for A new hope. Maybe, maybe not. I have to listen to it a little.

Another option was something from Lord of the Rings. The movie theme itself is quite nice. It could represent a start of a new journey.

My nephew turns two right before the wedding and he will be carrying our ring box, in TARDIS blue as you can see. My brother is trying to teach him to yell "One ring to rule them all" when the rings are requested and he brings them down front. LOTR is not truly one of our Geekdoms but it will be cute none the less.

10705303_10153208176348266_930942045_n.jpg.cfb4c169aef4804621b541edf26593f8.jpg