Seabourne Shield question

Eager2Travel

We have just booked a 21 day Seabourne cruise. This will be our first time on Seabourne. We are looking into insurance even though final pay is a way off. We are wondering what has been people's experience with Seabourne Shield. We usually do not take the cruise line's insurance but this has a decent price because it is not based on age.

Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately if you want the pre existing condition waiver you need to insure all of the trip that is non refundable. The air is based on round trip so it gives the insurance company wiggle room. And we all know what insurance companies do with wiggle room if there is a claim. I am going to try and get a clear answer from Am Ex regarding air but I keep getting different answers.

We have just booked a 21 day Seabourne cruise. This will be our first time on Seabourne. We are looking into insurance even though final pay is a way off. We are wondering what has been people's experience with Seabourne Shield. We usually do not take the cruise line's insurance but this has a decent price because it is not based on age.

Thanks for any help.

When are you traveling?

Sorry not sure if this is allowed.I know it will be taken down if not and I do understand. As a first timer on SB you can be referred by someone else who has taken a cruise. I can give you OBC if interested, Check the sticky on top for Referral credits. My email is on there for Capri1973 from Arizona It is a great deal for both of us.The catch is you must complete your cruise before we take ours.

Does your health insurance cover medical evacuation back home which can run up to $100K or more depending on where you are?

It depends on the doctor's diagnosis. However, you can buy separate insurance which covers this without needing a big catch-all plan.

Rightly or wrongly, we have relied on our Premium Credit Card's free travel insurance on our last two cruises (and crossed our fingers!!). As we are travelling to some more remote destinations next time I am thinking we may need something more comprehensive.

Rightly or wrongly, we have relied on our Premium Credit Card's free travel insurance on our last two cruises (and crossed our fingers!!). As we are travelling to some more remote destinations next time I am thinking we may need something more comprehensive.

I take a view depending on where we are going. I never buy medical insurance (why pay twice) but do buy the Medivac from time to time. However, if I plan to be in Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand or the USA, I consider that these places have first world health care facilities and I don't need to worry about getting Medivaced home