2006 Shore Excursions

suntan

Our group is getting together this weekend to review the shore excursions for the islands we will be visiting when we sail on the Sun Princess on Feb. 26/06. We do this just to get an idea of what is being offered. The Caribbean shore excursion brochure currently available on the Princess website states it's their 2004-2005 brochure. Does anyone know when Princess will post their 2006 brochure? I would hate to pick a shore excursion and find out before the cruise that it is no longer offered. Thanks.

Only in Canada you say?

Hey if I can be of any help with what to do or not to do just post your intinerary. Did the 10 day Dawn last year and had a fantastic time.

A fellow Hog Towner... :p

Hey Rotti!!! Wet enough for you today?? I'm sailing on the Sun Feb. 26/06 and our itinerary is as follows;

Leave Ft. Lauderdale on Feb 26/06 and spend two days at sea. Time enough to relax by the pool, work on the tan.

The ports of call are: St. Vincent, Grenada, St. Lucia (really looking forward to visiting), Martinque (have heard some not so nice things like people refuse to speak English to you), St. Thomas, and Princess Cays.

Rotti, if you have sailed to these islands in the past and can give me your thoughts on the islands and/or shore excursions you have been on, it will be greatly appreciated.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!:D

[/url]

We used Wayne from this tour company when we were in St. Vincent and had a great time. We did a tour to the Falls of Baleine. We booked most of our tours privately as it is so much cheaper. There were 8 of us in our group and we had a speedboat...fast one.... guys loved it. He did a coastal tour, saw where the movie - Pirates of the Carribean was filmed. Went on to a restaurant for lunch. The lunch was very expensive so arrange with him to include the buffet in the price. We then stopped at the Falls. It was a bit of a walk but well worth it. beautiful ... after that back on the boat and the party beverages and to one of the black sand beaches. It was the highlight of our cruise. I have not been to any of the other ports you are visiting. We get together every two weeks to plan our cruise and research ports and google to find private excursion. Cheaper and better. Here is the link to the tour company we used.

http://www.skyviews.com/stvincent/baleinetours/

Just settled in to the cottage and having a beer. Lake Simcoe is windy but DRY! Strange but it is often the case with rain in the city.

I am booked on the Sea Princess Jan 14th and we do visit Grenada and Martinque for the first time. Can advise once home as we get back Jan 29th. In St Thomas this year we grabbed a cab EARLY and went to Megans Bay and stayed till about 1pm. Had to come back and do the shopping thing. The beach was nice, rent chairs and a bar. There are a few beaches there for you to choose from but the wife and I just wanted to chill and it was empty when we arrived.

I do have a web site at the office that can give you tips on all ports and will post next week for you.

That is the only one we visited on the Dawn Princess this year. Its the sister ship to the Sun and that I can be of a big help on.

Hey stay in touch.

John

Keep in mind that, just because shore excursions are listed in the book, or are listed in the general list on line.....until you actually get into the Personalizer and look at your itinerary, only then will you know what's available for your specific cruise.

There are several things we planned on in our ports which are not being offered during our specific cruise.:(

cheers

Keep in mind that, just because shore excursions are listed in the book, or are listed in the general list on line.....until you actually get into the Personalizer and look at your itinerary, only then will you know what's available for your specific cruise.

There are several things we planned on in our ports which are not being offered during our specific cruise.:(

cheers

Thanks Kevinsac. I will have to check that Cruise Personalizer closer to the sailing date. I've read threads that have said whatever they've booked through the Cruise Personalizer they did not receive. Have you had any problems with this?

Just settled in to the cottage and having a beer. Lake Simcoe is windy but DRY! Strange but it is often the case with rain in the city.

I am booked on the Sea Princess Jan 14th and we do visit Grenada and Martinque for the first time. Can advise once home as we get back Jan 29th. In St Thomas this year we grabbed a cab EARLY and went to Megans Bay and stayed till about 1pm. Had to come back and do the shopping thing. The beach was nice, rent chairs and a bar. There are a few beaches there for you to choose from but the wife and I just wanted to chill and it was empty when we arrived.

I do have a web site at the office that can give you tips on all ports and will post next week for you.

That is the only one we visited on the Dawn Princess this year. Its the sister ship to the Sun and that I can be of a big help on.

Hey stay in touch.

John

John, hope you had a great time at the cottage! I think, at least for now, I'm thinking of going on the Champagne Catamaran Cruise to St. John (I'm trying to get the others to join me but if they don't, well more Champagne for me!:D ). I will keep an eye out for the website that has tips on all the ports.

Sue

Cruised on the Golden last March. It was a very port intensive cruise.

We decided NOT to book excursion on Grenada, just walk around. BIG Mistake! If you're getting off the ship, take an excursion. These boards highly recommend Mandoo Tours. Some of our shipmates used them and enjoyed Grenada.

Figures a nice sunny week ahead in TO...

Good Guess on my handle.

My Avatar is a picture of our male who died this past April... :(

Had 3 a few years ago but the eldest female went a bit strange and was dangerous so made the call to eliminate the problem. Fine with us but not taking any chances. The male was the youngest but died of cancer at age 6. Came back from the Dawn Cruise and he was limping and found out it was a form of cancer. We still have a 8 year female who is getting on but bought my daughter a German Sheppard as she lives at the cottage and we left the rotti up there. The 2 get along great. The old female is still a mother (LOL).

Let me know if you have any questions and where in TO?

John, I finally had an opportunity to review that website you provided and from what I've seen so far it looks like it will provide us with some useful information. It took me two days to remember where I posted this thread. You asked where in T.O. do I live - in North York. That shooting that took place this week on Rochefort is close to where I work. Are you a "die hard" Princess cruise fan or have you sailed with other cruise lines? If you sailed with Celebrity I'd be interested in what you think about them as a whole. Sue

Sue can't help you there. Mind you if you check out the celebrity site here it should be of assistance. The Dawn in Jan was the first cruise in 30 years. Yes 30. Did three voyages on P&O back and forth 3 times to Aussie in the 70's. Twenty Five cents a drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife would not take one and finally talked her into it. Now she booked the Sea this coming Jan while on board. Figures eh?

Shooting in TO? Need mapquest to count them all... :mad:

I work in Don Mills area where most recent was and Deb is in the Sheppard Centre. Reside in Markham as you can see.

I have other book marks for excursions as I am looking for best beaches and views vs other stuff...

Bit wet ;)

Hey there Suntan

We will be taking the same cruise on April 7th. From what I gather the Snorkeling in St.Thomas on the Island of St. John is one of the best.

We are planning to review this and book it on the internet. It fills up fast.

Julie

Archived