Freedom or Sunshine?

Which would you choose?

5 Day Freedom going to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk

or

5 Day Sunshine going to Nassau, Grand Turk w/ 2 sea days?

Both are the same week, and around the same price. If you had to pick, which would you pick and why?

I've been on the Freedom, and it's very nice. But I'm really wanting to go on the Sunshine. We docked next to her several times on the last cruise, and it looks really nice. I'd pick Sunshine for that and for the 2 Sea Days. I love Sea Days I think more than port days. :)

But ... Half Moon Cay was AMAZING. Granted, we had a Cabana, and that made it Super Duper. But was still an amazing beach.

Edited by kristie64063

I haven't been to HMC (Carnival Corps private island owned by Holland America), but I'd prefer a few sea days, over two beach days (Grand Turks and HMC). Since the Sunshine in the newest (refurbished) ship in the fleet, I would probably opt for it over the Freedom. If your a beach person, I'd say go with the Freedom.

I'm probably in the minority, but I would choose the Freedom. She was just in dry dock earlier this year. We sailed in Feb and loved the ship. I know the Sunshine gets alot of mixed reviews but I had family members on her in July and their only complaint was she felt very crowded.

Which port is closer? Do you have flights to figure in - that may make a difference.

I haven't been to HMC (Carnival Corps private island owned by Holland America), but I'd prefer a few sea days, over two beach days (Grand Turks and HMC). Since the Sunshine in the newest (refurbished) ship in the fleet, I would probably opt for it over the Freedom. If your a beach person, I'd say go with the Freedom.

Freedom has just recently undergone a drydock. It's more recently refurbished than Sunshine.

I'd go with Freedom. Sunshine has such a sketchy reputation, following on an even sketchier reputation as Destiny.

I've been in both, though freedom was pre 2.0. Since I'm not a fan if sea days I'd go with the Freedom - I also really enjoy a beach day at HMC.

I do like the sunshine for shorter cruises, but if lounging by the pool or in the serenity area is your thing in sea days - those areas felt a lil crowded to me.

I also like the ease and distance between port, hotels and ship out of FLL over canaveral.

Sunshine sails from Canaveral so overall, nod goes to Freedom

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution

I haven't been on either ship, but, my travel agent has told me a lot of great things about the Sunshine. So, I would probably select the Sunshine, based on my personal travel agent's recommendation. I thought the Sunshine went out of Port Canaveral though?

We were on the Sunshine for the repo cruise in April where she moved from New Orleans to Port Canaveral. If Freedom is in FLL that might help you make your decision. I've only been on the Sunshine so I can't help you decide which ship. And I've not been to the ports so can't help you out there either. Sorry. Just wanted to let you know Sunshine leaves from Port Canaveral. :-)

We loved Sunshine and would sail on her again without a second thought!