Atlantis events LA-Mexico Oct 2014

Hey1984

Hey All,

Going on the Atlantis LA-Mexico this Oct 2014. It will be my first cruise and I will be going solo and have chosen to try the room share program. Is there any one else that will be going from this site or any advise people might have.

Thanks very much!

You should check out the social media sites and do a search by typing in Atlantis LA to Mexico and it will pop up with a group that's fairly active. I can't name the site as I my posting may get deleted by Cruisecritic, but the site rhymes with the word look.

The roll call threads on this site for Atlantis cruises just don't seem to get much traction. Good luck!

Yes, you will get an invite after your first cruise to join the Alumni website. There is an active FB group for this cruise. Do a search on FB for "Atlantis Golden Princess October Mexico cruise." You have to request to join this group, but the turn around time is pretty quick.

Every Atlantis cruise is made up roughly 50/50 singles to couples. There will be a single/solo cruisers no-hosted get acquainted sail-away party just after departing out of Los Angeles. Every night there is an informal single's cocktail gather at 7PM in one of the bars and then the guys head to the dining room at 8PM. Atlantis staff will seats solo cruiser at large tables with other guests. There are usually two special singles dinners during the cruise in a sectioned off part of the dining room runned by the Atlantis staff. After each course you take your napkin and beverage and move to another table. It's sort of like speed dating and musical chair - totally fun and no pressures. Great way to meet a ton of guys. Don't worry...you'll have a blast. Everyone is really nice and friendly. I've been of 8 Atlantis cruises and always have a great time and meet a lot of people. Actually I dined with guys from all over the world...Japan, Australia, Uruguay, UK, Mexico, etc. Read your ship's newsletter for single's events and activities which you'll get in your cabin nightly for the following day.

How was clothing... Costumes, swimsuits, dinning, ect? As much of a mix as I'm thinking? How much outfits you think I'll need?

Did pools have certain times they open?

Have you tried room share before and if so how was your experience?

Did they have coffee available early morning...just in case I wake early, I really need me a coffee :)

Thanks

Atlantis emphasizes a casual, comfortable atmosphere with no specified dress code. Sportswear and casual resort attire are appropriate at all times. There are no formal nights, and absolutely no need for a jacket and tie. The only real rule is that no T-shirts, tank tops, or shorts are permitted in the specialty restaurants. These are premium experiences and we want to maintain a quality ambiance for all our guests. Most people do dress up nicely at night...with nice jeans/slacks and polo or button down shirts. During the day it shorts, Tank-top and T-shirts and bathing suits. Once we get down to Cabo it's get really hot and humid with temps in the upper 80 to low 90's.

There will be themed parties up around the pool starting around 11PM. Atlantis will email you a list of these parties around 2 weeks before departure...but you can count on White themed party, tropical/Mexican themed, Mardi Gras/Leather, etc. There is usually afternoon 4-6PM themed T-Dances and you can count on Military, Disco or tropical themed.

As far as the cabin shares...you will get to get to meet your roomie in your cabin on departure and each will receive a letter from Atlantis explaining how the cabin share works and privacy issues. Most of my roomies have been pretty cool. Some are traveling with friends; some are traveling solo. Sometimes I've gone into port or to the main dining room together. One roomie would have nothing to do with me which is OK. They are not required to hang with you nor are you. I always have a talk with my room about not using the cabin for "entertaining" guest in the cabin unless prior arrangements are set up. Most are really cool & respectfully about that. You really only use your cabin to sleep, nap, shower/change. You aren't in your cabin much. I always bring ear plugs in case my roomie snores. Compatibility is always an issues and it's really a crap shoot, but I think it works out well 99% of the time. Atlantis does try to match you with someone around your own age but that's not guaranteed.

Yes, coffee is usually available 24/7. It's available in the Lido cafe, some bars and MDR. You can have room service deliver it to your cabin free - just give your deliver a tip. For coffee snobs - There is a specialty gourmet coffee cafe (Cappuccinos, Espressos and Lattes) on board for an extra cost. You can buy it individually or purchase a pre-paid coffee card for certain # of drinks.

Pool - are usually open from early morning into late into the evening. Sometime they do close them for cleaning. Sometime they do close them off over night. I'm really not sure about Princess. Hours are usually posted in the ship's newsletter.

Atlantis will email you a Cruise guide outlining all aspects of your cruise including entertainment about 2 weeks before departure. As far as the Celebrity guest star you won't know until well into the cruises.

I've been on a number of Atlantis cruises and can tell you that it can be the best vacation you've ever had. Be outgoing, say hello and most if not all will respond. Tell them you are flying solo! Find a group and just start chatting. You'll have friends all over by the first night.

This cruise-the first night is the 'unofficial underwear party'. So after sailaway, be prepared! Get involved and participate! You'll have a blast!

I'll be in PV when your cruise docs for the night! Staying at Blue Chairs Resort for the week!

Have fun!!!

Hey1984 - I'm tentatively going, but haven't booked yet. Unless something major comes up I would put it at 90% chances of going. :)

Music - Atlantis brings on board the top circuit party DJ's including their massive amount of equipment - speakers, lighting, sound systems, etc. It's quite impressive to see all equipment being set up. They literally turn the whole pool deck into a massive outdoor disco at night. The regular disco is too small for a gay cruise. The music is the best of the best...techno, house, dance, alternative, etc. They mix it up. Something for everyone. Usually the regular indoor disco is an alternative dance venue with like 80's or 90's music. You will find an active crowd at the piano bar with famed Matt Yee. They also have Karaoke night too. I really like the outdoor '70 Disco T-dance. The night party are fun, but it's dark, crowded and sometimes windy and cool.

Just search Youtube.com for Atlantis Events and there are a ton of onboard party videos.

• 4 weeks later...
Does any one know Is there a min amount of clothes required for outfits/costumes? Based on pics and videos I've seen I'm guessing not. Lol! Thanks

Well from what I remember, for some of the White party, one guy told us that they started out in full white around 11 pm or so at the start of the party, and ended up in his undies at 4 am or so, after one or two rest breaks and taking off clothes each time. I don't think full nudity is allowed, but I have seen jock straps and chaps, with the rear exposed.

Usually the less; the better. As long as your front is covered you are safe. I've seen plenty of jock straps on board or on occasion someone wore just a thong bathing suit around the pool. If you got it; flaunt it. If you don't hide it. LOL Costumes can range from extravagant to barely nothing.

Good news....I'm going. I finally broke down and booked it yesterday. :)

Edited by COMBOY

Hey1984

Email Atlantis and ask them to join the Alumni group as you are booked on the cruise and they will send you an invite. I found the Alumni site very helpful in advance of my first cruise on them last Nov.

Atlantis cruises are excellent. The White party was so fantastic and way beyond what I have ever experienced on an RSVP cruise. Deborah Cox was on board and gave two shows that night and then went up for the White Party. It was incredible and I have video of it on the alumni site from last years cruise.

I wasn't expecting much from this cruise as I had been on about 5 RSVP cruises but Atlantis, Carnival Cruise Lines, and fellow passengers greatly exceeded my expectations. I thought the guys were friendlier on Atlantis and I would gladly go again but not on Princess and I hate that class of ship (Grand Class) that they use.

You can really get by for all the parties by wearing different kind of underwear each night like many men did. Camo, Black, White you name it.

DSC07492.jpg.47fc55c071d0d1506b5714eb185a8594.jpg