Inside cabin on Niew Amsterdam K 1116

Does anyone know what is beside suite 1116 on the Niew Amsterdam?

We are considering booking a transatlantic cruise next fall and wondering what this cabin is like.

We are booked on January 4 2015 cruise but are looking ahead at a cruise in the fall in an inside cabin. I thought that this may be a suite that would suit our need for a quiet inside cabin .

Appreciate any help to make a decision.;)

Aft of it, all those rooms with doorways on the inside aisle would be officer's cabins. Forward of it I would guess is a steward's work room. I would expect the cabin to be quiet ... except for some possible noise from below.

edit: There are pictures and comments about similar room 1119 on halfacts.com which says that is quiet. However, 1116 is below the galley, while 1119 is below the MDR entrance. That could make a big difference in noise above. http://halfacts.com/1119-westerdam/

Edited by jtl513

Aft of it, all those rooms with doorways on the inside aisle would be officer's cabins. Forward of it I would guess is a steward's work room. I would expect the cabin to be quiet ... except for some possible noise from below.

edit: There are pictures and comments about similar room 1119 on halfacts.com which says that is quiet. However, 1116 is below the galley, while 1119 is below the MDR entrance. That could make a big difference.

http://halfacts.com/1119-westerdam/

Thank you. Your info has helped a lot.

We are thinking about the Passage to America 13 days in October. If we want an inside cabin we would not get the explore4 program. Just realized that a few minutes ago however we like wine for our drink of choice so maybe the wine pkgs will suffice. I will do some price comparisons. On our cruise in January we do not get the Explore4 program as well but we are going to get the wine pkgs and also bring two bottles with us. We have decided to have a suite amenities pkgs that includes bar set up in our suite to compliment the wine pkg for the extra refreshment while enjoying our balcony.

I want to make the fall cruise easier on the budget so that is why I am exploring the inside cabins. We had an inside cabin on our very first cruise many years ago and I must say..I slept very well. I love the darkness at nite. In fact we have tried all the different suites except for spa suites and like them all for different reasons. Again thank you for your insight.