Planning our Day in Cozumel

keelyhealthnut

For those of you more familiar with Cozumel, I was wondering if I could run a few ideas by you. I have looked extensively through the posts and have gotten some wonderful ideas for activities!

We are thinking about hiring a driver for the day and will be in port from 9 am - 5 pm. Do you think it would be possible to do the Kaokao chocolate tour, go to the grocery store for some snacks, explore Punta Sur, and finally swing by the Money Bar?

If we can't squeeze all of that in, then we may opt to just grab a taxi for the chocolate tour and then spend the rest of the day at the Money Bar. I have my heart set on Punta Sur, but my husband would like to hang out at the Money Bar for a little bit as well. Would the travel time to and from Punta Sur be too long for the time that we're in port if we would like to do a few other activities as well?

Thanks for the help!

For those of you more familiar with Cozumel, I was wondering if I could run a few ideas by you. I have looked extensively through the posts and have gotten some wonderful ideas for activities!

We are thinking about hiring a driver for the day and will be in port from 9 am - 5 pm. Do you think it would be possible to do the Kaokao chocolate tour, go to the grocery store for some snacks, explore Punta Sur, and finally swing by the Money Bar?

If we can't squeeze all of that in, then we may opt to just grab a taxi for the chocolate tour and then spend the rest of the day at the Money Bar. I have my heart set on Punta Sur, but my husband would like to hang out at the Money Bar for a little bit as well. Would the travel time to and from Punta Sur be too long for the time that we're in port if we would like to do a few other activities as well?

Thanks for the help!

Traveling and actual time to do activities I think you would be fine. The biggest problem I see would be deciding which chocolate tour to do. The ideal itinerary would be to go round the island clockwise or anti clockwise which would be chocolate factory, Punta Sur, Money Bar or reverse. However I believe the first chocolate tour is 11am, which leaves you with a significant waste of time at the beginning. Obviously you could do grocery shopping first but I doubt it would take that long.

Punta Sur could be as long or short as you like, depending on how thoroughly you explore. We visited on one of our early 5 hour tours of the island, not knowing how often we would return to the island and probably stayed just over 1 hour. We gave subsequently been back to the island many times and done several tours. We have not been back to Punta Sur yet but it is on my " to do" list to return for a much longer visit.

If you are touring with ToursPlaza, or other pre-arranged driver I would contact them to discuss suggestions for itinerary. Also bear in mind where your ship leaves from and whether you are on local time 9-5, which will also make a difference as to which chocolate tour to take. Also what time you will need to be back for boarding. It is recommended that you pre- book factory tour - they do take walk-ups if they have room but it would be a waste of your time if you arrived and there wasn't space.

We have enjoyed all the places you plan to visit. Hope you have a good time!