Explorer of the Seas – 9 Night Bermuda/Caribbean Cruise (31 Jul -9 Aug) Review

Anne,

It was nice meeting you and the girls.

Thanks for the review and bringing back the memories.

Agree this was one of the best cruises we had.

I think the Capt.and all of tbe crew deserve a big thank you for making this cruise a great cruise for evryone.

Anne,

It was nice meeting you and the girls.

Thanks for the review and bringing back the memories.

Agree this was one of the best cruises we had.

I think the Capt.and all of tbe crew deserve a big thank you for making this cruise a great cruise for evryone.

We enjoyed meeting you and your lovely wife, Beth too Tony. Thanks for making our cruise memorable. Hope we get to cruise with you both in the future.

Lovey review and the pictures were great.

Mom and I sailed her last spring and loved the convenience of driving and not having to worry about baggage and flights and security.

We're on Freedom in just over a week, and I completely forgot about the walk in closet in the JS. I upgraded us from connecting E1 balconies to connecting JS and mom doesn't know. She and I share a cabin, and we always have little issues with the closets and drawers. Now we won't have to cram things into small spaces.

Anne, love your review. Did you give Denzil a hug for me? Isn't he a doll? Not only is he so very nice, helpful, dedicated, but very good looking. We've been friends for 6 years now. I didn't tell him we would be on EOS back in May, but when we got to our cabin we had a note and bottle of wine from him. He said he reads the manifest for every cruise and instead of us surprising him, he surprised us. When we first met him, he was our waiter. Later he was on the front desk, Guest Services. Then he was floating concierge filling in for vacations on EOS and Liberty. Next he became concierge on EOS. Hope he keeps moving on up; he deserves it. I know moving to Asia will keep him closer to home, but selfishly I wish he would be moved to Quantum.

Glad you had a good time and missed most of the rough weather. I was following along on Seatracker and saw the ship docked in St. Maarten on the port cam so I knew you made it there okay and the storm had passed.

We had a JS in May and love, love, loved the walk-in closet. That sure does spoil a person. We were in 9606 and our cabin was is very good condition.

Luvs

Great review. We will be on her 10/23. Do you know who the piano player in the Schooner Bar was?

His name was Anthony, not sure of his last name. He's actually very good friends with a friend of mine. They were meeting him for lunch the day we got back on the Explorer.

Anne, love your review. Did you give Denzil a hug for me? Isn't he a doll? Not only is he so very nice, helpful, dedicated, but very good looking. We've been friends for 6 years now. I didn't tell him we would be on EOS back in May, but when we got to our cabin we had a note and bottle of wine from him. He said he reads the manifest for every cruise and instead of us surprising him, he surprised us. When we first met him, he was our waiter. Later he was on the front desk, Guest Services. Then he was floating concierge filling in for vacations on EOS and Liberty. Next he became concierge on EOS. Hope he keeps moving on up; he deserves it. I know moving to Asia will keep him closer to home, but selfishly I wish he would be moved to Quantum.

Glad you had a good time and missed most of the rough weather. I was following along on Seatracker and saw the ship docked in St. Maarten on the port cam so I knew you made it there okay and the storm had passed.

We had a JS in May and love, love, loved the walk-in closet. That sure does spoil a person. We were in 9606 and our cabin was is very good condition.

Luvs

Thanks Luvs, we absolutely fell in love with Denzil. I know exactly where 9606 is, we always book hump cabin 9618 on past Explorer cruises. Unfortunately we coulnd't book near the hump this cruise because they are only for 2 people.

Great review Anne. Glad you got to go on Explorer one last time

Sent from my HTC smartphone using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris, not as good as your usual "Live" reviews but I tried. ;)

Awesome review, Anne - thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! You and the girls are adorable and looked as though all were having a great time!!!

Barb

Thanks Barb, that was so sweet of you to say. ;)

Great review Anne. We had a fabulous time on this cruise. We didn't get to a lot of the shows because I can't stay up so late but now I wish I did! Loved the ice show and Old San Juan was more beautiful than I remembered from 1991. I will think of Julie RUNNING like a flash at Quest. Hilarious. "Foot in your mouth" has a different meaning to me now. I would love to cruise with you again!

Great review Anne -- I finally got myself caught up today! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful final cruise on the Explorer :D Wish we could have been there.

I agree with you 100% about avoiding late summer cruising, btw. I realize not everyone has the luxury of avoiding the prime seasons, but I've always found the ship less crowded and the rate (sometimes significantly) less expensive when avoiding prime season. All that said, it is really nice leaving NYC or Bayonne in the summer when you have warm weather immediately!

Great review! Can you tell us how the port is coming along? Thanks, Sharon and Mike Kief

Sharon & Mike the pier is professing right along and should me ready in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great review Anne. We had a fabulous time on this cruise. We didn't get to a lot of the shows because I can't stay up so late but now I wish I did! Loved the ice show and Old San Juan was more beautiful than I remembered from 1991. I will think of Julie RUNNING like a flash at Quest. Hilarious. "Foot in your mouth" has a different meaning to me now. I would love to cruise with you again!

Cathy I really hope we get to cruise together again too. Julie, Ros & I all agreed this was by far one of our best cruises in a long time. And you were all part of that wonderful experience.

Great review Anne -- I finally got myself caught up today! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful final cruise on the Explorer :D Wish we could have been there.

I agree with you 100% about avoiding late summer cruising, btw. I realize not everyone has the luxury of avoiding the prime seasons, but I've always found the ship less crowded and the rate (sometimes significantly) less expensive when avoiding prime season. All that said, it is really nice leaving NYC or Bayonne in the summer when you have warm weather immediately!

Exactly Dave, I agree that some people can only cruise in the summer months. I can choose to cruise other times of the year and will do so. Glad you enjoyed the review. One of thaws days we will all cruise together.

Edited by Annefran

Couldn't have written it better Anne, great review and a lot of great memories aboard the Explorer.

Smitty

Smitty we enjoyed meeting you and your wife. Thanks for great conversation while we all floated on our mats at Barefoot Beach. LOL :p

Great review Ann.We are also going on the beach Rendezvuos tour in saint maarten.You said lunch is no longer included on this tour.Again thanks for the review and pictures.We will be sailing on the Explorer 9/25/14 on the same nine day cruise.:)

Edited by caribbean sailor

Anne: Great review and pictures. Helped me relive our cruise on Explorer back in March. So happy you had a great time and able to make some wonderful memories with your daughter and her friend.

Look forward to meeting you in person on Quantum in April.

Great review Ann.We are also going on the beach Rendezvuos tour in saint maarten.You said lunch is no longer included on this tour.Again thanks for the review and pictures.We will be sailing on the Explorer 9/25/14 on the same nine day cruise.:)

Anne: Great review and pictures. Helped me relive our cruise on Explorer back in March. So happy you had a great time and able to make some wonderful memories with your daughter and her friend.

Look forward to meeting you in person on Quantum in April.

I'm so happy that my review was helpful and you enjoyed it. Let me know if you have any additional questions for your upcoming cruise.

WVUGammy thanks so much, glad you enjoyed the review. Also looking forward to meeting you next April.