solo transatlantic

convertible

I've never cruised solo, but on TAs with DH, we usually end up doing separate things anyway and never lacked for things to do on sea days. I usually end up sitting on deck reading or watching what's playing on MUTS while knitting. DH goes off for all the game stuff (darts, bowling, trivia, etc). He even learned how to play bridge on one cruise, which I had absolutely no interest in.

Thin king of going on the emerald princess solo ta cruise on april 15 2015 ft lauderdale to barcelona 17night concerned about the sea days as a solo any thoughts or ideas

I have done 2 so far (a 19 day from Venice and as 14 day from Southampton) as a solo and have another one booked for Fall 2015, which will be from Barcelona on the Emerald. Mine have been and will be east-bound, but that should make no difference.

One of the best things you can do for yourself is to participate in your cruise's roll call, so you will have some ready made cruise friends when you board. And attend the meet & greet at the beginning of the cruise. Both are great ways to "know" felllow cruisers. From the roll call and meet & Greet I got to know some other solo gals on both cruises, and we sort of bonded. It was nice to have someone to share the occasional meal with and to go on some tours with, but without any obligation to do things together unless you wanted to.

I have done 2 so far (a 19 day from Venice and as 14 day from Southampton) as a solo and have another one booked for Fall 2015, which will be from Barcelona on the Emerald. Mine have been and will be east-bound, but that should make no difference.

One of the best things you can do for yourself is to participate in your cruise's roll call, so you will have some ready made cruise friends when you board. And attend the meet & greet at the beginning of the cruise. Both are great ways to "know" felllow cruisers. From the roll call and meet & Greet I got to know some other solo gals on both cruises, and we sort of bonded. It was nice to have someone to share the occasional meal with and to go on some tours with, but without any obligation to do things together unless you wanted to.

I have to say I heartily agree with all the above comments. The TA's seem to encourage easy friendships with other singles-and with married's too. Flamomo and I were on one of those cruises together and it was fun, fun, fun.

Ginny

I have never done a solo TA but I have cruised solo twice. Definitely join the roll call for your cruise. You will get to know a few people before you go. There might also be some people pre-arranging private tours. If you join up that is a good way to meet your fellow cruisers. In addition, you might think about fixed seating as opposed to anytime dining. I would ask for a large table. I think it's another great way to meet people. I also found that passengers were so friendly that if I was alone in a lounge I often was asked to join others.

I've done 2 solo transatlantics and agree with flamomo's response.

definitely join the roll call.

the same things you would do on any cruise as a solo, you can do on a transatlantic. if you go to the events that interest you, you will meet others that are interested in the same things you are.

don't limit yourself to just meeting others cruising alone. there are couples I've met of all ages who were very interesting to talk to and hang out with.