QE Venice Disembarkation time

Marym1

Hello, We want to arrange a car to collect us in Venice when we disembark Queen Elizabeth. Can anyone advise what time we are likely to disembark. We would prefer not to be too early as we don't want to check in at our hotel until after lunch.

Thanks in advance

Hi Marym1,

I feel badly that you have not received responses to your query. I see by your number of posts that you are fairly new to cruise critic and wish for you to feel welcome.

Are you also new to the experience of sailing on cruise ships? Disembarkation is a lengthy process, involving many, many. many people. It takes hours.

Passengers are assigned time for their disembarkation according to things like location on ship (which deck) and loyalty status (people with more status get to disembark first). Also, I believe Grills accommodations disembark earlier...

I also think passengers can ask at the purser's desk for a particular time for disembarkation because of the timing of travel connections (like an departure time of an airplane).

Also, passengers may self-disembark, if they are able to manage all their own baggage (out of the stateroom, out the ship and out of the terminal). These people leave first---usually between 7 and 8 a.m. (or earlier). I don't think this would suit your purposes….

So, it is difficult, I think, to give advice, since little is know about factors which would affect the time for disembarkation you will be assigned.

Maybe, with more information, someone more knowledgeable will be able to answer your question. DH and I typically self-disembark and know little about the matter or assigned times.

I hope this helps.

Again, welcome to Cruise Critic.

May your voyage be smooth and pleasant!

Jimmybean

Marym1--

Although we've not been on Queen Eliz. in Venice, we have been to Venice. You do know, I'm sure, that most of the main part of Venice is only accessible by water. I presume since you mention wanting car pick up that your hotel is in the outer area where it is accesible by road. When are you arriving in Venice? There are apparently several different areas where cruise ships dock, so knowing the date of your arrival may help others more knowledgeable than I am to direct you from the dock to your hotel by the best means. I believe the main docking area is the Marittima. In the meantime, here is some information about arriving in Venice by cruise ship. http://livingveniceblog.com/venice-instructions/coming-going/venice-by-cruise-ship/

And an older posting from Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k5703843-Where_do_Cunard_dock_in_Venice-Venice_Veneto.html

We loved Venice and hope you have a chance to stay there for at least a day or so.

Hello, We want to arrange a car to collect us in Venice when we disembark Queen Elizabeth. Can anyone advise what time we are likely to disembark. We would prefer not to be too early as we don't want to check in at our hotel until after lunch.

Thanks in advance

Hi MaryM that is a good question and we are in the same predicament. We disembark in Venice on Sept 5th and likewise the checkin at our hotel is not until 2pm.

I suppose we/you could always get to the hotel and leave our luggage there prior to checking in. Some friends who did the same cruise last month have however advised us that there were passengers on the QE in the afternoon still awaiting departure for late flights. They understood the latest time for leaving the QE was 4pm? Although such late departures would presumably need to be arranged at the Pursers desk which doesn't help us in arranging a pick up time for a car.

Either way hope you have a good cruise.

Many thanks R&G, that's useful to know. We are also disembarking on the 5th September. I think we will book the car for 10.30 to be on the safe side and as you say we can leave our luggage at the hotel which is in Mestre if it's too early to check in.

Have a lovely cruise.

Regards Mary

Marym1--

Although we've not been on Queen Eliz. in Venice, we have been to Venice. You do know, I'm sure, that most of the main part of Venice is only accessible by water. I presume since you mention wanting car pick up that your hotel is in the outer area where it is accesible by road. When are you arriving in Venice? There are apparently several different areas where cruise ships dock, so knowing the date of your arrival may help others more knowledgeable than I am to direct you from the dock to your hotel by the best means. I believe the main docking area is the Marittima. In the meantime, here is some information about arriving in Venice by cruise ship. http://livingveniceblog.com/venice-instructions/coming-going/venice-by-cruise-ship/

And an older posting from Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k5703843-Where_do_Cunard_dock_in_Venice-Venice_Veneto.html

We loved Venice and hope you have a chance to stay there for at least a day or so.

Thanks for the response Maina.

Regards Mary

Hi Marym1,

I feel badly that you have not received responses to your query. I see by your number of posts that you are fairly new to cruise critic and wish for you to feel welcome.

Are you also new to the experience of sailing on cruise ships? Disembarkation is a lengthy process, involving many, many. many people. It takes hours.

Passengers are assigned time for their disembarkation according to things like location on ship (which deck) and loyalty status (people with more status get to disembark first). Also, I believe Grills accommodations disembark earlier...

I also think passengers can ask at the purser's desk for a particular time for disembarkation because of the timing of travel connections (like an departure time of an airplane).

Also, passengers may self-disembark, if they are able to manage all their own baggage (out of the stateroom, out the ship and out of the terminal). These people leave first---usually between 7 and 8 a.m. (or earlier). I don't think this would suit your purposes….

So, it is difficult, I think, to give advice, since little is know about factors which would affect the time for disembarkation you will be assigned.

Maybe, with more information, someone more knowledgeable will be able to answer your question. DH and I typically self-disembark and know little about the matter or assigned times.

I hope this helps.

Again, welcome to Cruise Critic.

May your voyage be smooth and pleasant!

Jimmybean

Thank you very much for your reply Jimmy Bean, it's much appreciated.

Regards Mary

Many thanks R&G, that's useful to know. We are also disembarking on the 5th September. I think we will book the car for 10.30 to be on the safe side and as you say we can leave our luggage at the hotel which is in Mestre if it's too early to check in.

Have a lovely cruise.

Regards Mary

Hi Mary. Think we may be on the same package? Are you flying from Birmingham on the 29th to Rome by any chance ? If so how are you getting from Rome airport to the Port. Just looking into that at this very moment.

Also regarding Venice - not sure where cars will be able to pick up from, can they get to the port? As we are in Venice the day before disembarkation wondered whether to leave arranging a car until them?

Regards G

Hi G, Yes we too are on the Birmingham flight on the 29th and have arranged for a car from Rome airport to the port. It takes about 45 minutes from memory. We are using Bob's limos.com who were recommended to us. It's costing 75 euros for the journey which is about the same as we paid a few years ago.

We have arrived at Venice port previously and were straight onto a coach via the cruise line at the port then taken to Marco Polo airport. We are looking at booking a car to Mestre from the port and this seems to be about 40 euros.

Hope this helps. Mary

Hi G, Yes we too are on the Birmingham flight on the 29th and have arranged for a car from Rome airport to the port. It takes about 45 minutes from memory. We are using Bob's limos.com who were recommended to us. It's costing 75 euros for the journey which is about the same as we paid a few years ago.

We have arrived at Venice port previously and were straight onto a coach via the cruise line at the port then taken to Marco Polo airport. We are looking at booking a car to Mestre from the port and this seems to be about 40 euros.

Hope this helps. Mary

Hello again Mary.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I was looking at Bob's Limos ( have many good reviews I see) and 75 euros for a shared shuttle seems to be about the going rate. Are you staying at the Delfino by any chance? I could try and send you a private message if you wanted to share a car to Mestre although fully understand if you wanted 'to do your own thing'. Please let me know.

Regards once more Graham

Hi Graham, yes we are also staying at the Delfino and would be fine to share transport from the ship to Mestre. If you want to send a PM we can discuss details.

Regards Mary.

Hi Mary

Sorry I always assumed there was a way to PM someone on here but apparently not so I have set up a temporary new email address which I quote below (as recommended by a CC host) :- please try ' rohamuk1 / at / gmail / dot / com

Hope you can understand that - I will look out for your email. (but please confirm on here that you have sent one. thks)

Thanks Graham