Transfers from hotel to Pier

JillinCalgary

Quick question… We have a Windsurf Cruise coming up Sept 4th. We arrive in Dublin four days before and chose to stay at a different hotel than the hotel Windstar uses (Davenport if I remember correctly). We were told if we want to take Windstar's transfer we would need to get ourselves to the Davenport at the time of departure. No big deal, I understand that. Where I'm shocked is at the $175 per person fee! Does that not seem steep to you all? I looked at the train (which is an easy walk from our hotel) is a 23 minute trip to the Pier. Do you think we can do this with our luggage? We won't have much, three bags between the two of us at most. Or should we opt for a taxi? What have you travellers done? Thank you!

This is my first Windstar cruise, but from reading this forum, and the Roll Call board, some people have used taxis for their transfers instead of paying out Windstar's huge fee.

If you click on the Windstar Roll Call and then go to the Wind Surf pages you would find some good discussions under the 'July Dublin to Edinburgh' thread.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! We will be getting off in Dublin as you get on.

Hi...I can't say for certain, but if my past experience with Windstar transfers is any guide, you'll pay nowhere near what they're asking if you were to take a taxi to the pier.

I do want to let you know that we will be on this cruise with you. We'll be on week 2 of a back-to-back from Edinburgh.

We'd love to set-up any private excursions.with maybe 6-8 people. Let us know if that's a possibility.

I can't comment on this specific transfer but we have used Windstar's transfers many times and while we might find cheaper means they were convenient and on time. Usually less than a taxi. Often we have stayed at our own hotel and then taken a taxi to the one Windstar used for the transfer.

This is my first Windstar cruise, but from reading this forum, and the Roll Call board, some people have used taxis for their transfers instead of paying out Windstar's huge fee.

If you click on the Windstar Roll Call and then go to the Wind Surf pages you would find some good discussions under the 'July Dublin to Edinburgh' thread.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! We will be getting off in Dublin as you get on.

Here's a link to the Roll Call for your cruise.

Windsurf, Sept. 4, 2014, Dublin to Lisbon

Have a great trip!