San Juan Water and Beach Club

screwsmcernst

We stayed there almost 3 years ago. We ate at a Mexican restaurant just a short walk away. Sorry - I don't remember the name of it, but it was good. You can ask the hotel staff for recommendations. There are several options near by. This is a really cool place. The lighting throughout the building is unique and beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
What did you think?

It was fine for the three nights we were there. Staff is great and will help you with anything you need. Gorgeous beach is ten steps across a small road. The hotel should probably be rated 3 1/2 stars, not 4. Room is set up strangely with the bed in the middle of the room. Water pressure and hot water are not great.

There is a beach type restaurant right down the road which was great for lunch. For restaurants for dinner, there are not many choices. We ate at the Mexican place a previous poster mentioned and it was very good. There was a Chili's as well. One night we ate in Old San Juan.

Getting to Old San Juan was easy. We took the public bus a block away for .75 each way. It took about 25 minutes. Much better then a 30 dollar cab ride.

This hotel is fine for just a few nights but if I was going for a week, I would want to be at one of the resorts. I like a pool to go in when I have had enough of the beach and this hotel only has a very small pool on the roof. All in all, it was a fine place to stay.