Spa Question...

MrsCruise2007

Hi All-my brother is sailing on carnival the day after Christmas for his honeymoon. He would like to get his soon to be wife a massage but he isn't sure if he should book it in advance or not? I have only sailed on RCCL, but they always have "specials" on the boarding day as well as on port days where you can various services at a discounted rate. Does carnival have anything like this once you board or is he better off just booking it in advance? Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi All-my brother is sailing on carnival the day after Christmas for his honeymoon. He would like to get his soon to be wife a massage but he isn't sure if he should book it in advance or not? I have only sailed on RCCL, but they always have "specials" on the boarding day as well as on port days where you can various services at a discounted rate. Does carnival have anything like this once you board or is he better off just booking it in advance? Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What Ship are they sailing on?? If the Dream or the Breeze (and not staying in a SPA room, whichi if they are not they should upgrade to one for sure!) But lets say they are NOT in SPA room, on the first day they should go to the SPA and buy the week pass, she will LOVE it!!! And as far a an actual massage yes, wait until you are on the ship they often have deals especially on Port days and towards the end of the cruise!! The other ships do NOT have the Cloud 9 SPA amenities so they do not offer a SPA pass.

I 2nd the week spa pass if you are on a ship that offers it. To answer your original question we found they offer specials and packages that not offered if you prepay but if you are afraid the price will be higher you can always book and cancel once on the ship.

they do have specials on port days! thats when i got mine! a 75 minute hot stone, facial, scalp massage, back, foot, leg, full body exfoliation. originally almost $300, and they had it for $139 on port days!

We wait until they advertise the $99, 50 minute massage and tell them we both want one.

For some reason they normally charge an extra $40 or $50 for a couples massage (ex-massages $100 each or $249 for couples etc).

We end up saving the difference when not booking it as "a couples massage" and they give us the couples massage room anyway.