Laundry on board Volendam?

Nina2014

I think there is self service laundry on the Volendam; on each deck?

Could anyone tell me how much it costs to wash and dry a load? Also do I have to have exact change in coins or do they have a change machine? Any recommendations on best time to do laundry?

I think there is self service laundry on the Volendam; on each deck?

Could anyone tell me how much it costs to wash and dry a load? Also do I have to have exact change in coins or do they have a change machine? Any recommendations on best time to do laundry?

Yes, there is self-serve laundry on Volendam. It is not on each deck, but you should be able to identify location on the HAL website deck plans for Volendam. I took a $10 roll of quarters and that was fine for our whole 2 week cruise to New Zealand and Australia. If you don't take your own quarters you can get change at the purser's desk. Laundry detergent is provided. Best time to do laundry is NOT on a day at sea! I found early AM or when we returned early from an excursion before ship sailing. Oh....take some fabric softener sheets. I was the "Queen" of the laundry because I had taken plenty of those and was happy to share with others! :p

P.S. Volendam is a great ship!

The washer takes $2 in quarters and the dryer takes $1 in quarters. Take your own fabric softner sheets.

I just get change at the front desk. No need to carry a heavy load of quarters.

The self service laundries are on Deck 2 (Main), Deck 3 (Lower Promenade) and Deck 6 (Verandah).

If you don't feel like doing your own laundry, there is also the option of Laundry By The Bag -- stuff as much into the laundry bag provided in your cabin -- $20 a bag. Everything comes back clean and ironed. There is also the Unlimited Laundry where you can send out as much as you want for a certain price. You can call Ship Services to get a price for your cruise.