Newbie here! :) Anyone recently sail Carnival Dream?

happywife0921

We are sailing on Carnival Dream next month for our anniversary. This will only be my second cruise, as my first was on Carnival Conquest for our honeymoon last year. Just wondering if all Carnival ships are pretty much the same as far as onboard activities.

I sailed the Dream in January, and she is easily my favorite ship of all the ones I've been on. My 3 best cruises out of 14 have been my 3 on Dream. The Dream will have much better stage shows than what you had on Conquest. Dream uses an actual band instead of the radio, has a ton more performers on stage, and real props, and they are twice as long. Show up early for the best seats, especially for Dancing in the Streets, the best show on any Carnival ship.

The Dream will not have the special burger or burrito branded places, but there are benefits to that. The burgers they have are available for longer hours, late into the night, plus that area will have much more than just burgers. There will still be a burrito bar for lunch, so you lose the breakfast burritos, but gain more omelet lines. After one of the deck parties, they will have a full Mexican buffet, which Conquest is not allowed to have, since they have the lizard burrito place. Dream also will have a very nice pasta bar upstairs from the lido aft buffet, in the same spot as Conquest's fish n chips (which you lose). The pasta bar is excellent & a great spot for an embarkation lunch. Sea days will have a BBQ down on the deck 5 lanai. So even without Girls Burgers (or whatever that is), you will certainly be eating very good all week.

Alot of the activities are the same throughout Carnival: trivia, silly games like the hairy chest contest or synchronized swimming, etc. The Dream has a far superior waterpark than Conquest's 1 slide. Dream has 2 very different large slides, plus other features. And believe it or not, adults are allowed to ride the waterslides! They are a bit bumpy, but I start getting used to it, since I'll ride them a couple hundred times. The lines for it are usually shorter later in the afternoon or right when it opens. Happy anniversary & enjoy your cruise!

Edited by k2excursion

Hmm I was on the Dream on April. You could get burritos ANYWAY you wanted them and they were delicious. They were in the section where the buffet lines were, and during lunch. One section of the buffet line did burritos, part of it did the Mongolian Wok. Dont forget about the Lanai Deck (5) which does sliders and BBQ. Also they have a Indian place, Lido deck going towards the very back that ROCKS!!

You will love the Dream

Thanks for the info everybody! And @k2excursion you actually answered another question of mine because we fell in love with guys burgers and the burritos and were so hoping for that again. But with all the other food that was named im sure we can find something else to love lol!