port of boston to airport by cab

bcirish

Was renting a car at the port and then discovered $50 surcharge for doing this- never have had that before and am thinking it will be less to go to airport and rent from there 0spending 5 days in area after cruise and dropping at airport at the end.

Any thoughts?

What company are you looking at? Where are you going when you pick up the car?

I'm a little confused because there are no rental cars at the port. The only company that will work with cruisers is Enterprise in South Boston.

Rental cars are basically located in downtown Boston and at the airport. Cab will be cheaper to most downtown locations rather than to the airport and, depending on where you're going, getting on the right road MAY be easier. Have you asked about picking up in downtown Boston and returning to the airport?

I was told to use the airport - downtown would be fine- Enterprises was the one with the surcharge but on their site they say it is available at the port- interesting. Other than that, I really don't have a particular agency in mind. I noticed one at a hotel - any suggestions for the best area downtown? Have not been in Boston in years. Thanks for your response.

I'd price all the vendors to see which ones suit best in terms of cost and ability to pickup downtown and return to the airport. All the major vendors have reasonable downtown locations and the cab fare difference among them shouldn't be more than $5 and a few minutes. Atlantic Ave is probably the closest to the port.

Are you actually staying in Boston or somewhere outside of it? What are your plans? Are you planning on visiting sites in Boston itself, or in the surrounding area? If you're staying downtown and planning on seeing the sites in town, you won't need a car. Indeed, I only live 5 miles north and used to work in the financial district and you couldn't pay me to drive in Boston (except directly to the cruise terminal :p) Boston is known as a walking city and almost everything is in walking distance. And for the stuff that is a tad out of the way there's the T (MBTA). You can just get yourself a Charlie card with enough on it to cover whatever T rides you need and you're good to go.