The "big box" in the cabins on the Paradise?

GeorgiaMomof4

• 4 months later...

We were just on the Paradise about 2 weeks ago. Our room steward told us that we could request for it to be removed at Guest Services. He couldn't just take it out but if we requested it at Guest Services, they would remove it and put the life jackets in the closet like they normally are on other ships. The box is a pain for whoever sleeps on that side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were just on the Paradise about 2 weeks ago. Our room steward told us that we could request for it to be removed at Guest Services. He couldn't just take it out but if we requested it at Guest Services, they would remove it and put the life jackets in the closet like they normally are on other ships. The box is a pain for whoever sleeps on that side.

That's interesting. I didn't realize it could be removed. We had the box on one ship, either the Destiny or the Victory (I think Destiny). Thanks for the tip!

did you do that? ask for it to be removed? where would they move it to?

OK - we decided to try out the Paradise but in looking at some pictures in reviews I've read there is this big box looking thing in the corner of the cabin. Someone has said that it is for life jackets.

My question is this - if you have your twin beds put together to make a king, how in the world does the person who sleeps closest to the window (in an OV cabin) get over to their side of the bed? I certainly hope I don't have to crawl over my husband to go the bathroom at 4 in the a.m.

Do they arrange the bed so you can get to the other side?

Have your husband sleep on the far side so you are not crawling over him. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Here are the beds separated with a cot under the dresser

Cool, thanks for the photo! That actually looks like it leaves a good amount of room in the cabin ... no hugging the wall to squeeze around the end of the bed.

Cool, thanks for the photo! That actually looks like it leaves a good amount of room in the cabin ... no hugging the wall to squeeze around the end of the bed.

As you can see it also has the box. I think this was the Paradise

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg I still cruise for warm chocolate melting cake (with two sugar free vanilla ice creams)