Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

I absolutely love your reviews! If you are looking for a spring cruise, how about March 8 on the Liberty out of Cape Canaveral? Think how good it would be to get out of Chicago in March !! (We used to live in Chicago, so I know what I'm talking about!) Also, I love tea time and would love to go with you. I have gone by myself before and it was ok, but definately better with friends.

Thank You. Who doesn't want to get of Illinois (Kirkland) in March?? It better not be bitterly cold like it was last winter or I may not even come home from our December cruise.

What ports do you go to on your Liberty Cruise??? We have never been on the Liberty.

That sucks about Tea Time! I would have sat with you! Grand Turk looks beautiful, and the pool looks fab! I'm a sucker for a great pool. We'll be stopping in GT in 2016, I'll have to check it out.

Happy belated anniversary to your mom and dad! We had that exact same cake for our 15th anniversary on the Magic back in April. The first one tasted like onions, so the chef refunded our money and gave us a new one. It was tasty. :)

Still enjoying your review!

Thank You. Oh you will love Grand Turk. Be sure to make time to spend at the pool...it is so worth it.

Onions???? After that....I don't think I would want another cake. At least the second one was good

OK now back to review. I am going to post the next day of our vacation while watching College Football.....sounds like a great mix to me

Our next Port of Call was the beautiful island of Half Moon Cay.....

CarnivalPride-July272014192_zps9490d525.jpg

Welcome to Half Moon Cay....this is PARADISE

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014345_zpsc93f3c25.jpg

Since we are Platinum....I was on the first passenger tender over to Half Moon Cay. I went down to Guest Services around 8:30 am and waited with the other Platinum, Diamond, and FTTF guests who had priority tendering.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014346_zps7843ddeb.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014347_zpsd110ee3f.jpg

I quickly made my way over to the beach. There wasn't even one around yet....I picked out 3 chairs in the shade. This was a perfect location for the day. We had shade all day

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014348_zps7637bd9a.jpg

Now remember earlier in the review when I said my Mom and Dad were going to go on the Behind the Scenes tour in Half Moon Cay. It was a $20.00 per person tour and it lasted about an hour. They took the 10:00 am tour so that they would still have plenty of time to swim on the beach. The Behind the Scenes tour took them to the Horse Stables, the Stingray encounter area, they saw where the people who stay on the island live, lookout points, among other areas.

CarnivalPride-July272014182_zps428125e1.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014183_zps55cc2263.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014185_zps9f492ac4.jpg

It's hard to see but there were 2 iguanas in this tree

CarnivalPride-July272014187_zps254fbbf9.jpg

Captain Morgan Bar

CarnivalPride-July272014189_zps901f822c.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014207_zps10fca460.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014209_zps732ca579.jpg

The Stingray Encounter in Half Moon Cay.....this was another stop on their tour

We have done this excursion on a previous trip to Half Moon Cay and in my opinion it is a complete waste of money. It is unlike the one in Grand Cayman so if that is what you're expecting it to be like....you will be very disappointed. The Stingrays are kept inside of a habitat and the guides are rude and only tell you when you can touch them. Don't waste your time seeing the Stingrays....if you want to swim with Stingrays then do it in Grand Cayman

CarnivalPride-July272014212_zpsf0ead63d.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014213_zpsdd873561.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014215_zps0980328b.jpg

Brenda and Adam from Ohio

I always enjoy your reviews! We are sailing on the pride may 3, 2015. Cant wait to see how the pride looks after the 2.0 upgrades. Looking forward to going back to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

CarnivalPride-July272014216_zps61fcf3a8.jpg

The other side of the island in Half Moon Cay that not many people see

CarnivalPride-July272014217_zps06832732.jpg

Not sure why...but I love this pic

The following pics are trailers for the people who stay on the island. How do I get that job....Stay on Half Moon Cay....that doesn't like a bad gig ;)

CarnivalPride-July272014218_zpsefb5d75a.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014219_zps909003e9.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014220_zps1e5f4205.jpg

I always enjoy your reviews! We are sailing on the pride may 3, 2015. Cant wait to see how the pride looks after the 2.0 upgrades. Looking forward to going back to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Thank You so much. I am sure the upgrades will be AWESOME :D

As I was out swimming in the water I looked up and noticed that my mom and dad were back from their tour. So I got out of the water to see how their tour was. They said they enjoyed it and it was worth it for the $20.00 price. It was starting to get hot out so my dad was ready to get in the water

CarnivalPride-July272014097_zpsb38c93a3.jpg

There's my Momma

CarnivalPride-July272014100_zpsfa87a0a6.jpg

My dad wore my tank top while in Half Moon Cay so that he didn't get burned

CarnivalPride-July272014098_zpsf11da721.jpg

I wore a t-shirt too. Notice my arms...I got absolutely FRIED in Grand Turk :eek: SPF 30 is no match for the Caribbean sun :p

CarnivalPride-July272014102_zps55af9114.jpg

This is the inner tube that I brought with us from the dollar tube. It worked perfect for what we wanted it for. And when we ready to leave for the day...I gave it to a young kid

I've always said I don't care where I go on a Cruise .. But dang I have to visit half moon cay one day!! So gorgeous!! Love that blue water!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh yeah everyone has to see it at least once and I guarantee you that if you go once....you will have to go back again. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL

We also have not been on the Liberty before. On this Mar. 8 cruise, she is stopping at Nassau, St. Thomas. San Juan, and Grand Turk. I think this must be very similar to your itinerary. She has all the 2.0 upgrades so I am anxious to see them. We have been on the Drean twice. She is our favorite ship, but we have also been on the Spirit, and the Legend. I haven't been on a ship with 2.0 yet. I can't wait!

Brianna---we had a great day in Baltimore following your lead of taking the water taxi. We did all the routes. Lunch at Captain James was adequate. Don't think we would eat there again but oh so convenient with the free parking.

More pics of Half Moon Cay to come tomorrow. Thanks Again to everyone for following along on my review....so happy that everyone enjoys the adventures that I am having on this cruise with my Mom and Dad.

There is still much more to come....so don't be going anywhere :-)

We also have not been on the Liberty before. On this Mar. 8 cruise, she is stopping at Nassau, St. Thomas. San Juan, and Grand Turk. I think this must be very similar to your itinerary. She has all the 2.0 upgrades so I am anxious to see them. We have been on the Drean twice. She is our favorite ship, but we have also been on the Spirit, and the Legend. I haven't been on a ship with 2.0 yet. I can't wait!

Once you cruise on a ship with the 2.0 upgrades. It'll be hard for you to go back on a ship that doesn't have it. We have only cruised on a ship with 2.0 upgrades just once....that was on the Sunshine.

Our itinerary for this cruise on the Pride we went to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport. The cruise that we are looking at for May on the Carnival Glory goes to San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk, and Half Moon Cay

Brianna---we had a great day in Baltimore following your lead of taking the water taxi. We did all the routes. Lunch at Captain James was adequate. Don't think we would eat there again but oh so convenient with the free parking.

Thank You for coming back to let me know how it was. So happy to hear that you enjoyed your day. Did your Groupon work out ok at Captain James?? The free parking is worth the not so great lunch...haha.

Did you have a nice day for the Water Taxi?? Which route was your favorite??

Very much enjoying your review, but love love love the Half Moon Cay pics. We have been there three times and would go back in a heartbeat! I can't believe we never heard about the Behind the scenes tour but will definitely put that on my bucket list. The first time there (2003?) we were told only 5 or 6 people lived there full time. Now 126--wow! And the pictures of the ship from the island are perfect. I have never been able to get a straight on shot with the entire length of the ship.

We are going back to Grand Turk next year and have never gone to the pool at Margarittaville(sp?). I was thinking of trying to talk the group into that and your pictures kind of sealed the deal. I hope it is as uncrowded when we are there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. Oh, I almost forgot--loved the Orioles shirt!!!