Gluten free food

monteboy

Carnival does a good job with gluten free. My hubby, who has Celiac disease, is very pleased with them. Let the desk know as you enter the main dining room and they will send the hostess to your table. She will go over the next night's menu with you so that your suppers will be gluten free. They do a very good job and can make almost anything on that menu GF. If you want to do breakfast & lunch in the main dining room they will go over those menus with you also. Most of the ships will make a gluten free pizza at the pizza place. I have run into the problem of the server there not understanding what we need but just ask for the pizza manager. On the Lido buffet you just need to think about what foods are GF...go for food without sauces/gravies or breading and opt for whole/unprocessed foods. Good luck, I think you'll be pleased!

Carnival does a good job with gluten free. My hubby, who has Celiac disease, is very pleased with them. Let the desk know as you enter the main dining room and they will send the hostess to your table. She will go over the next night's menu with you so that your suppers will be gluten free. They do a very good job and can make almost anything on that menu GF. If you want to do breakfast & lunch in the main dining room they will go over those menus with you also. Most of the ships will make a gluten free pizza at the pizza place. I have run into the problem of the server there not understanding what we need but just ask for the pizza manager. On the Lido buffet you just need to think about what foods are GF...go for food without sauces/gravies or breading and opt for whole/unprocessed foods. Good luck, I think you'll be pleased!

They are excellent when it comes to food allergies. My brother n law also has celiac and our previous 2 cruises he had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will also make GF pancakes in the MDR, but you have to order them the night before with the hostess or Maitre'D. They usually ask you what you want for dessert - GF cheesecake, creme brulee, GF warm chocolate melting cake are the usual GF desserts. Occasionally a ship will get creative and offer some chocolate or strawberry mousse. Don't expect anything GF for dessert on the Lido. If the ship has Guys Burgers they should have GF hamburger buns. You can also bring unopened packages of GF food that does not have to be refrigerated. When we travel with our grandkids we bring a box of GF ice cream cones for them as well as GF cereal. DH and I usually bring GF pretzels, crackers and nuts so we can have a snack with our cocktails on our balcony. They do a nice job, but some ships are better than others. I have found that if the hostess knows her GF stuff it can be a great experience. If not, then it is a so so dining experience. Our last cruise on the Breeze our waiter handled all our GF orders and he was super. We never saw the hostess or Maitre'D on that cruise.