Best Places To Eat In Palm Beach County

Muumuu

Bannana Boat is great place to eat it is in Boynton Beach, which is in palm beach county, a little south of west palm, which is the direction you will need to go to go to fort lauderdale south.

Go to City Place in West Palm Beach, great place it has restaurants, huge movie theatre, shops and bars, FUN PLACE, (downtown West Palm)

Funny I happened to work there, Park Avenue BBQ is good, if that is the type of food you are looking for.

There is a place called Waterway Cafe, the food is good and the atmosphere is fun, it is right on the intercoastal you can sit outside or in and eat. It is on PGA blvd, right before the intercoastal bridge.

Sports bar type food - there's only one place to go. Who's Restaurant in Delray is absolutely awesome. They make a Blue cheese burger to die for! (get it with mashed & gravy) Chef Betsy's Hot Honey Garlic Wings & Garlic Chili won the Delray Garlic festival, and are a garlic lovers delight. Save room for dessert. It's worth it! http://www.whosdelraybeachfl.com/ Smoking is permitted in the bar area.

Seafood - two suggestions in the Lantana area.

The Grumpy Grouper is where the locals go to eat seafood (NW corner of Lantana Ave. and US1, tucked back in the parking lot). Unfortunately, it has gotten nicer over the years, but the food is still good. Friday night is all you can eat Fried Grouper for $7.99. Wharf sandwiches are aka 'Po Boys. If you like Ceasar salad, go for the blackened Mahi Ceasar (yum!), and DH loves the Clam Chowder. The homemade tartar sauce is a secret recipe. Smoking is not permitted.

The Old Key Lime House (Ocean Avenue just SW of the intracoastal) also has good food. The chicken and shrimp wraps on the lunch menu are great - lots of shrimp, ripe tomato, and crispy cucumber. The ambience is nicer, but the prices are higher. You have the choice of inside, outside bar, outside tables, and tiki bar overlooking the marina & intracoastal. Parking can be a problem, especially in the evening. Smoking is permitted in the Tiki Bar in the back.

If you're way down south, the Whale's Rib in Deerfield Beach is also great. It's right across from the beach, on the corner of the main street and A1A. Start with the Raw Bar, and end with some fish. Can't miss in the place no matter what you order.

I'd pass on the Banana Boat & Two Georges in Boynton Beach. The food isn't really that great anymore, and the parking situation is HORRIBLE. They used to be good, but are now tourist joints (yuk).

How do I know? I've been diving the Boynton/Lantana area for over 10 years (and the dive boats are directly behind the Banana Boat/Two Georges and the Old Key Lime). The Whale's Rib comes from my DH, who grew up in Deerfield Beach, and we make a trip down when we have enough time.

Darn, now I've made myself hungry.

Have a great trip & get a Who's burger for me because I won't get back down there for a couple of months...

Wendy

We'll be staying in the Palm Beach Gardens area. Heard that Park Avenue BBQ is good.

All info is appreciated and thank you all.

Stay away from grumpy grouper and key lime not the cleanest kitchens but you should go to Banana Boat on the intracoastal in boyton beach off us1 and Ocean check the map also there is a Quarter Deck in the town of Jupitor not very far from pga ,you go north on I95 to Indiantown road then go east for 2or3 minutes on right side and this place has very neat swing chairs on their patio and the food and drink is great not very pricey and if you want go check out City Place thats at Okeechobie blvd east of I95 about 10 minutes south were you are staying ,its like a little town with shopping and restaurants ---Iam part of the South Florida Restaurant Venders Association and Iam telling you all quality going my way without a doubt!!!! you choose what you want but you better off listening to me when it comes to this subject:) If also your staying off pga they have a little restaurant area right off the florida tpk theres a spotos oyster bar right there also thats very good right in your back yard but it is a little pricey good luck !! I can go on and on if you need more i will give more !!

Some of our favorite restaurants:

Italian food: Cardellos, at Northlake and A1A. Very good entrees, has a good salad bar that can be added to your dinner, moderate prices.

Thai food: Thaicoon, also on Northlake at the east end almost to Rt. 1. Love the green curry.

Waterway Cafe and Panama Hatties: haven't been there lately, but they have been good in the past.

Archived