Vancouver - Best way to get luggage to airport if arriving at Ballentyne

Hi there... I'll be arriving in Vancouver at the end of September after my Alaska cruise on NCL Pearl. We'll be arriving at Ballantyne and I understand they don't have luggage storage (or much of anything) there. The ship will get in fairly early in the morning and our flight home isn't until 10:30pm.

I tried emailing the company who runs the luggage storage at Canada Place but haven't heard back, and their website is really awful, somI'm here hoping someone can explain how they work.

It seems like we either have to take a taxi or shuttle (saw a post here that said there are shuttles, but no info re prices, etc) over to Canada Place. Once there we could put our bags into storage. It's unclear from looking at the company's website what our options are then. Do we have to come back at the end of the day to pick them up, or will they actually transfer them on to the airport for us? If so, what is the cost for them to do this, and is the storage/transfer all included in the one price or would we have to pay for each thing separately? Finally, if they transfer the bags to the airport, where do we have to go to pick them up to check them in with the airline?

Thanks!

Hi there... I'll be arriving in Vancouver at the end of September after my Alaska cruise on NCL Pearl. We'll be arriving at Ballantyne and I understand they don't have luggage storage (or much of anything) there. The ship will get in fairly early in the morning and our flight home isn't until 10:30pm.

I tried emailing the company who runs the luggage storage at Canada Place but haven't heard back, and their website is really awful, somI'm here hoping someone can explain how they work.

It seems like we either have to take a taxi or shuttle (saw a post here that said there are shuttles, but no info re prices, etc) over to Canada Place. Once there we could put our bags into storage. It's unclear from looking at the company's website what our options are then. Do we have to come back at the end of the day to pick them up, or will they actually transfer them on to the airport for us? If so, what is the cost for them to do this, and is the storage/transfer all included in the one price or would we have to pay for each thing separately? Finally, if they transfer the bags to the airport, where do we have to go to pick them up to check them in with the airline?

Thanks!

Their website has been effectively non-functional for about two years, but they DO still operate! No idea if they even get emails sent via the website or not. Try calling them if you want to get it straight from the horses' mouth: 604-303-4500

You're correct in your initial assumption that you'll have to get to Canada Place. They will store locally until 4pm only for c. $7 a bag (size-dependent). The transfer to the airport service has only one major restriction - timing. For flights before 6:30pm-ish it doesn't work, but since yours is not until much later go for it. $40 will get up to 4 bags to the airport sometime after 4pm.

I believe that if you pay them $40 then you don't also have to pay them the price per bag. Being local I've never used the service, but all comments about bag transfer have only ever mentioned paying the $40 fee - any past visitors reading this like to confirm for the OP?

Their website has been effectively non-functional for about two years, but they DO still operate! No idea if they even get emails sent via the website or not. Try calling them if you want to get it straight from the horses' mouth: 604-303-4500

You're correct in your initial assumption that you'll have to get to Canada Place. They will store locally until 4pm only for c. $7 a bag (size-dependent). The transfer to the airport service has only one major restriction - timing. For flights before 6:30pm-ish it doesn't work, but since yours is not until much later go for it. $40 will get up to 4 bags to the airport sometime after 4pm.

I believe that if you pay them $40 then you don't also have to pay them the price per bag. Being local I've never used the service, but all comments about bag transfer have only ever mentioned paying the $40 fee - any past visitors reading this like to confirm for the OP?

Hi

We used the baggage/storage at Canada Place on returning from our Alaskan cruise on 2 July. For 40 CAD they will store AND transfer up to 4 bags/suitcases to Vancouver airport for pick up at their collection point in the airport. You decide on the pick up time and it can be before 4.00 pm.

This was a godsend for us, making it so much easier to enjoy our post cruise day in Vancouver before flying back to UK.

There was an additional fee of 10 CAD for each extra bag over and above the first four (we travelled with friends who don't travel light!).

It also meant we could save time and money by travelling to the airport by Skytrain rather than cab:)

Thanks!

Exactly; just grab a taxi from Ballantyne to Canada Place, and check your luggage there. Should be about $12. If any of the taxis balk at the short ride, there's a number printed on the side of the taxi under the title "Taxi Refusal", just threaten to call it...

You may care to check with NCL to see if they have a luggage transfer out to YVR many of the lines offer this service but I am not familiar with NCL. You could save yourself some money by taking a taxi into the business core, going to one of the hotels and giving the bell desk a nice tip to hold your luggage while you go off on tour then pick it up later as you head out to YVR.