Celebrity Eclipse Drinks

Ollieotter

We were on the Eclipse September 2014 and had the classic package as part of the deal.

Although we are not avid drinkers the choice on the classic package was plenty for us.I do like the occasional beer and must say the choice was a little limited on that spirits neither the OH or I drink so that wasn't a problem. Wine at dinner was Ok perfectly satisfactory unless you are a real connoisseur there was a choice of 4 or 5 White or Red or something in between.

We also just booked and received the Classic Package, and this will be the first time for us using it.

With all the posts that I've read, have to say, I'm a little confused. :confused: When we board, will there be a list in the cabin of what we can choose from with the package? Or, are those found only at the bars?

On the drinks menus, aren't the prices shown before having the 18% added? So, with the classic package, does the upper cost limit mean before the 18% or after it's been added. so, for example, if $9 is the upper limit for a glass of wine, surely that doesn't include the added tax.

Think we're going to be perfectly happy, for the first time out anyway, with the package without having to upgrade, but the only, smallest concern is about what the wine by the glass choices will be. I'm sure, though, that there must be a decent cabernet or shiraz available, just like on the wine package. :)

We are just off the Eclipse for 14 days in the Southern Caribbean. The drink package you get with the 1,2,3 promo is the Classic level and it is good for beverages up to and including $8 dollars per drink - that includes wine, spirits, specialty coffees etc. You can upgrade to the Premium and that will allow you to drink anything up to $12 per drink. The cost of the Premium upgrade for a 14 day cruise is only $180 each person. We typically upgrade because we like decent wines (yes we are wine snobs) and the selection at the Classic level is not to our liking. In either case it is really nice not to have to sign bills all the time......just a little bit of additional convenience. Note that neither of these packages includes drinks of any description consumed from your stateroom mini bar.

Enjoy your cruise:D