Breeze or Liberty?

Cruising4

We are booked on the Liberty but considering switching to the Breeze. There are 4 of us (me, dh, ds15, ds friend 16). This will be our 8th cruise, 2nd on Carnival (prior Glory), our most recent was NCL Epic last Easter week. Booked a balcony and an inside.

The Epic was great - so much to do and we overall like NCL for Freestyle but are looking for a change.

Liberty ports will all be a repeat for us. Breeze is the 8 nighter to Aruba, Curacao and GT - none of which we've been to.

The Breeze is $1200 more but our pre-cruise expenses in MIA will be less than in Orlando so my final estimate shows the Breeze to about $500 more. (Considering 3 nights of expenses precruise instead of 2 - flying with usair vouchers so we need to arrive Thursday.

Liberty consistently gets great reviews, Breeze seems to be hit or miss.

All opinions are welcome!

is that $500/pp or total??? Man, if it's total I would say go for the Breeze. I've been on the Liberty and although it was a wonderful ship with the 2.0 upgrades, The Breeze has all that and more. Plus with ports you haven't been to, oh I would do the Breeze hands down. The Breeze sounds like a wonderful ship and if we could have done it price wise we would have but it was just so much more for a balcony then what we ended up booking on the Sunshine.

We are booked on the Liberty but considering switching to the Breeze. There are 4 of us (me, dh, ds15, ds friend 16). This will be our 8th cruise, 2nd on Carnival (prior Glory), our most recent was NCL Epic last Easter week. Booked a balcony and an inside.

The Epic was great - so much to do and we overall like NCL for Freestyle but are looking for a change.

Liberty ports will all be a repeat for us. Breeze is the 8 nighter to Aruba, Curacao and GT - none of which we've been to.

The Breeze is $1200 more but our pre-cruise expenses in MIA will be less than in Orlando so my final estimate shows the Breeze to about $500 more. (Considering 3 nights of expenses precruise instead of 2 - flying with usair vouchers so we need to arrive Thursday.

Liberty consistently gets great reviews, Breeze seems to be hit or miss.

All opinions are welcome!

We had no service issues on either ship. We stayed in an inside Lido 10289 on Breeze and 9289 on Liberty. Both were right at the LIDO door. GREAT great location. If prices were equal, we would choose the Breeze again for very simple reasons. The "back of the boat" on the Lido Liberty is closed in. We like the open arrangement on the Breeze. We like regular Lido set up rather than the theatre type arrangement that's on the Liberty. We like the open feeling on the Breeze more...like right outside of the Red Frog Pub (which is lacking on the Liberty), and even some of the shops have windows to the ocean. The Liberty is a great, great ship and I will miss the Fish and Chips restaurant when I'm not on that ship; but, overall, the Breeze wins me...but it's so darned expensive! :eek:

Thanks everyone! Booked the Breeze in a cove balcony and the kids across the hall. To the person who asked about the Liberty basketball court - yes, it has a half court. Which was a bummer for the boys, they spent a lot of time on court on the Epic so they'll be happy about the Breeze!

So we have a choice between 5 day Fascination out of JAX or a 5 day Liberty out of Pc. We have been on the sensation and ecstasy and had a great time on both. Like the thought of a larger ship but is it really worth a couple hundred bucks more? We will travel with 2 children (12 yo girl and 17 yo boy).

Sent from my C6606 using Forums mobile app

We have been on both and certainly wouldn't bash either one. However, if we had to choose given your parameters, we would also pick the Breeze.

We did the 8 day Southern trip over Christmas last year and not only loved the ports, but also the extra sea day. The kids thought the Circle C teen club was much better on the Breeze than on the Liberty.

Have a great trip!

So we have a choice between 5 day Fascination out of JAX or a 5 day Liberty out of Pc. We have been on the sensation and ecstasy and had a great time on both. Like the thought of a larger ship but is it really worth a couple hundred bucks more? We will travel with 2 children (12 yo girl and 17 yo boy).

Sent from my C6606 using Forums mobile app

Spend the extra couple of hundred dollars and go on the Liberty! It is a far more modern ship, has the 2.0 upgrades and is laid out much better than the older Fascination.