The Upgrade Fairy called...

TxMaggie

and we said no :eek:.

We are currently booked in a Spa Balcony for a September sailing on the Magic. Carnival offered an Ocean Suite for $500 more (not a spa room). I didn't think it was worth it to spend an extra $500, plus having to shell out the extra $250 for the spa access we originally had.

Did we make a good choice? The priority embarkation would have been nice, but $500 nice?

Everyone is different. We took a similar upwelling for about the same price on the Glory last year. We spend a lot of time in our cabin. It was nice to experience once, but I wouldn't spend that much again for an ocean suite. The good outcome was that DH realized it wasn't as awesome as he expected. For me, the best part was having 2 sinks.

We sail Sunday on the Valor out of San Juan. We already have a balcony booked and they offered us a Grand Suite for $399.99 extra per person, when I said no thank you they offered a regular suite upsell for $250 per person, we declined again. We only have one sea day and most of the suite perks we already get being platinum. We did accept an upsell in 2013 to a suite just to try it once. It was nice but just not worth the extra $ to us. If we were not platinum the perks might be of more value to us? As it is the extra sink and a bit more space just isn't enough to offset the $. I did go on line and the price for a Grand Suite was still over $3300 so it would have been an ok price considering what I paid for the balcony, but we are happy with what we have. Seems there are quite a few suites and Grand Suites left on our sailing considering we are only 6 days away? I think more people are turing down the upsells than in the past? Seems like it to me anyway. Can't wait to be back on the sea.

Everyone is different. We took a similar upwelling for about the same price on the Glory last year. We spend a lot of time in our cabin. It was nice to experience once, but I wouldn't spend that much again for an ocean suite. The good outcome was that DH realized it wasn't as awesome as he expected. For me, the best part was having 2 sinks.

We were in an Oceanview and upgraded ( by way of the Upsell Fairy) to an Ocean Suite. I had planned on going to a balcony anyway before sailing and the difference about matched that. A little more......... I loved it. I loved having two big closets. I loved the balcony. I loved drawing the curtains and seeing that wide stretch of ocean. I loved having the Tub with a shower, thus no more love making to the shower curtain, I loved just the space of it. We spent more time in our cabin than we ever have. That said, would I do it again. Maybe. did I enjoy it? Yes. If we had money to burn, I would sail in a suite every time, but we don't. Still...............if it is affordable...I might do it again. If you spend a lot of time in your cabin......go for it. Cut back on other things...... I loved the larger TV. The nice sofa and chair. The separate dressing room. And did I mention TWO Big closets? His and Hers? Lovely. One in the dressing room..the other by the bed? Fabulous.

Edited by AmberTeka