Liberty Spa Balcony

pbasciano

I would be very appreciative if anyone would tell me about their experiences (positive or negative) with the Spa Balcony cabins on the Liberty. We are considering cabin 1106 or a similar cabin. Thank you. :)

Edited by pbasciano

As far as I know, they are just regular balcony cabins...not Spa cabins like the Breeze has. Yes, they are by the Spa, but not considered "Spa cabins". I may be wrong though....I thought the only ships with the Cloud 9 Spa rooms are the Breeze and Sunshine.

Edited by med9114u

Previous poster is mostly correct. The only ships with the Cloud 9 Spa rooms are Dream, Magic, Breeze, Splendor, & Sunshine. Liberty's spa deck rooms are just regular rooms. However, those used to be scenic OV rooms, so the rooms are 10 sq.ft. larger (195 instead of 185). We had a spa deck room on Conquest. I do prefer a balcony that's closer to the water (like a cove). But it was nice to be so close to the gym showers. My dad & I enjoyed using those, as those shower stalls are very large & nice. It's only a few steps from those spa deck rooms. The balconies do not have coverings over them, so people on the public deck above can look down on your balcony. That also will bring more sun onto the balcony. Other than the gym shower thing, I don't really see any benefit to a spa deck balcony room over a deck 7 or lido deck balcony room.

We were in 1115, Freedom. We loved our spa deck balcony! Very few cabins so almost no traffic in the hallway. The balcony door is a slider with a floor to ceiling window. There is no cover over it, but we only once heard and saw people above us looking down. That was leaving a port after people were running to catch the ship! Everyone was giving them a hard time! You can relax back in the chairs and look straight up at the stars at night. We are going Conquet this October, booked a balcony and upgraded when a spa deck room came available.

I was on Spa deck on Glory and didn't care for it. Didn't like not having a cover over the balcony - the weather on our cruise wasn't great and we couldn't use the balcony as much as we would have liked. And yes, we had folks on deck 12 looking down on us. (Most of our balcony was in full view from above - not like the aft balconies, where only the portion by the rail can be viewed.) We also had noise from Camp Carnival - not from the camp itself, but from the stairs. The forward elevators only go to deck 11, so most people leaving Camp Carnival come down the stairs from deck 12 to get elevators. Some of these folks sounded like a herd of elephants.:p