Table for 14

tjs198

we have a family cruise over Thanksgiving week on the getaway. 8 adults, 5 kids, and a 2 year old. are tables for 14 available in the regular dining rooms?

what about the specialty restaurants? 3 of the 4 families booked through costco and got free dining at 3 specialty restaurants. seems like i can only book a table for 8. can we book table of 8 and table of 6 and put a note for the tables to be next? will they charge each family's account?

thanks in advance.

we have a family cruise over Thanksgiving week on the getaway. 8 adults, 5 kids, and a 2 year old. are tables for 14 available in the regular dining rooms?

what about the specialty restaurants? 3 of the 4 families booked through costco and got free dining at 3 specialty restaurants. seems like i can only book a table for 8. can we book table of 8 and table of 6 and put a note for the tables to be next? will they charge each family's account?

thanks in advance.

We sailed the Breakaway with a party of 14. We were always split between two tables at all restaurants, however the tables were always next to each other.

We are a party of 9who skal cruise on Jewel next month.It was a "fight" to get reserved a table for 9, as 8 was the max ... But everything is possible, and we got it!

So it is just to see if the table for 9 is there when we arrives....

Edited by Veslefrikk

Make sure your reservations are linked and you should be seated next to each other. I doubt at a table for 14. The largest I've seen has been a 10 top.

You could also check in with the Maitre D at the dining room to see what could be allocated to your party at each restaurant you plan to eat at.

I believe it varies a little bit from ship to ship, and also depending on of it is in the main dining room or not. We had a couple of "Roll-call-dinners" in the main dining room on the Sun, and the largest table held 16 persons - I just looked at the photo form that dinner and counted the attenders (we got the large table in the middle of the dining room, that is usually "Captains table".... ) So it might be possible, but not always.... ;)

But we did book it through the group coordinator (the same person we were in contact with regarding the CruiseCritic's Meet & Greet), and we had to dine very early (5.30) or after 8.00 to be able to make reservation in advance for such a large group. In most of the specialty restaurants it might be more difficult with large groups sitting together at the same table, because of the layout of the restaurant....

My tip for you is to make "friends" with the MD in the main dining room the first day onboard, and then make your dinner reservations through him/her.

Edited by TrumpyNor

I was the leader of a group of 18, in 2012 on the Sea. We went to see the Maitre'D when we first arrived on board, and he arranged 3 tables together for us at a set time, each night. On the last night, he REALLY surprised us and put us at the Captain's table (18 of us fit just fine).