Pathetic response to complaint from Celebrity

TopofWorld

My kids 25, 22, and 19 still love going on vacations with us but I would be the one knocking on their door getting them up if they were sleeping half the day. p

I'm with you on that one, Coldweathergirl!

Seriously - my 4 "kids" are all adults now, however if my 21 year-old & 16 year-old were "depressed" and whining about ANYTHING while on a cruise I paid for, I would send them packing at the first port. Expecting the kitchen to whip up a special soup to cheer them up? I give Celebrity 3 gold stars for the staff even making an attempt to cheer up these poor waifs.

You're on a vacation - stop focusing on the little things and realize how lucky you are to have the funds to even go on such a vacation at all. Life is rarely perfect - however, unless I'm quarantined in my cabin & missing my luggage - I'm going to make the most of the time at sea, fresh air, sunshine, and someone making me a "drink of the day"!

i'm with you on that one, coldweathergirl!

Seriously - my 4 "kids" are all adults now, however if my 21 year-old & 16 year-old were "depressed" and whining about anything while on a cruise i paid for, i would send them packing at the first port. Expecting the kitchen to whip up a special soup to cheer them up? I give celebrity 3 gold stars for the staff even making an attempt to cheer up these poor waifs.

You're on a vacation - stop focusing on the little things and realize how lucky you are to have the funds to even go on such a vacation at all. Life is rarely perfect - however, unless i'm quarantined in my cabin & missing my luggage - i'm going to make the most of the time at sea, fresh air, sunshine, and someone making me a "drink of the day"!

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With due respect I really have to take exception to this idea. If I have a migraine and want to 'hole up in my cabin' all day to sleep it off, it is no business of the room steward. If I am on my honeymoon and want to spend all day in my cabin I do not want the room steward to disturb me:D. If I get motion sick and need to lay down/stay in my cabin all day I don't want the room steward to disturb me. If I am messy by nature and left my room in a shambles and don't want the room steward to see it that way, I don't want the room steward pushing me to take the sign off the door. I am fine with one quick knock on the door later in the morning to make sure all is ok, and the sign was not left on by mistake. But I would have a real problem with the idea of a room steward performing a sickness audit as it were. I guess on a Code Red ship this may in fact be practiced, but it kind of creeps me out to think about it.

You make take exception to a "sickness audit" as you call it... But it is indeed a serious issue for the cruise ship industry. Noro is not fun for anyone... Pax or crew. Especially crew. It is their legal responsibility as the Cruise Line to be in compliance of the rules laid down by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) to maintain their license.

This is the same reason you must sign a Statement Of Health when you board.

The staff has the obligation to all aboard as well as the Ports of Call / Foreign Countries they call upon to be upfront about "the health" of the ship?

They must be vigilant... And keep an eye open, as Pax tend to not want to report their symptoms / hide them... in fear of being Quaranteened to their cabins (which truly is best for all concerned)

It may creep you out. But it is a fact of life.

* Little known fact... The cruiselines take this issue so seriously, that they usually refund Pax all (prior) or part of their cruise (during) for being upfront & honest by self identifying their symptoms.

--- --- ---

I'm with you on that one, Coldweathergirl!

Seriously - my 4 "kids" are all adults now, however if my 21 year-old & 16 year-old were "depressed" and whining about ANYTHING while on a cruise I paid for, I would send them packing at the first port. Expecting the kitchen to whip up a special soup to cheer them up? I give Celebrity 3 gold stars for the staff even making an attempt to cheer up these poor waifs.

You're on a vacation - stop focusing on the little things and realize how lucky you are to have the funds to even go on such a vacation at all. Life is rarely perfect - however, unless I'm quarantined in my cabin & missing my luggage - I'm going to make the most of the time at sea, fresh air, sunshine, and someone making me a "drink of the day"!

Amen indeed. Could not imagine paying the freight for my grown kids to take a vacation... And them sleeping it away in the cabin. Would not fly with me at all.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

...if my 21 year-old & 16 year-old were "depressed" and whining about ANYTHING while on a cruise I paid for, I would send them packing at the first port. Expecting the kitchen to whip up a special soup to cheer them up? I give Celebrity 3 gold stars for the staff even making an attempt to cheer up these poor waifs. ...

Sorry but I think your comments and similar ones from others are out of line. Did you even read the comments in the review about the kids and the soup? As written there is nothing saying that the kids were depressed about being on a cruise only that they were a little down because of the rough seas one night. I've met a lot of cruisers who really got upset about rough seas so this isn't all that unusual. To interpret from that that these kids were depressed and, wining and poor waifs isn't really fair.

No wonder the OP hasn't been back to discuss this further after all this bashing. As I see it this thread wasn't about his complaints, which he said straight off were minor, just his disappointment in the tone of the response he got back from Celebrity. He only posted the complaints themselves after being asked to by many curious posters.

Edited by Lsimon