Getaway Cabins - Careful if trying to get cabins across from each other

Midwestmom21969

Just found out that almost all balcony cabins and inside cabins don not have doors that face each other. So, if you are trying to get a cabin across the hall for family you need to look at the red lines.

They indicate where the back wall is of the inside cabin. Most of the doors are facing the inside corridors.

We had to totally change ours rooms so that our kids did not have to walk through halls and a maze to get to our balcony cabin door.

Even our travel agent did not catch this and told us this was new on this ship.

Just found out that almost all balcony cabins and inside cabins don not have doors that face each other. So, if you are trying to get a cabin across the hall for family you need to look at the red lines.

They indicate where the back wall is of the inside cabin. Most of the doors are facing the inside corridors.

We had to totally change ours rooms so that our kids did not have to walk through halls and a maze to get to our balcony cabin door.

Even our travel agent did not catch this and told us this was new on this ship.

FYI it's like that on the Breakaway.

This was discussed a few weeks ago...a family with 2 very young children found themselves in this situation and wanted compensation...I lost track of the thread so don't know how it worked out.....they put the kids in their balcony and were very upset the cabin went to waste...there should be something on the key list that calls attention to something so different..

Our boys are 11 and 14 so not too young but where we were originally had the room was an elevator or something in between somewhere. Anyhow, they would have had to go down the inside corridor and around a short hall then down the hall we were on.

Where as the back of the cabin was right across from ours. Probably ok with their age but if a nighttime trip was needed I would hate the 11 year old trying to find us.

I kept thinking the red line looked odd but it does not say on the legend what it is. I did not see the other thread or I would have booked accordingly.

I would have been freakishly upset if I got on and that was the case. We are going at spring break so I expect everything to be full...meaning no possible changes.:)