Valor to Liberty

Pookeybear1966

Got an email that our cruise in June 2015 out of San Juan has changed ships. I'm moving from the Valor to the Liberty....which to me is a better ship (Has a guys burger joint?) so I'm happy :) Same cabin, just different ship. So ready to go!

Edited by Pookeybear1966

Although I've done vacation cruises on both of these ships (and Carnival Liberty multiple times), none have been recent . . . or since the changes to onboard entertainment.

Can someone please confirm that the entertainment offerings on both of these ships are somewhat identical??

Edited by DGP1111

We were booked for the Liberty in May 2015 - now the Valor. One of the reasons I booked this cruise was because it was a ship that I had not been on before it is nice to sail on the different class of ships but when you book the early saver if I cancel I lose the deposit. I have been on the Valor loved the ship but I am still disappointed that I was not contacted by Carnival to inform me of the change. However, I can always count on CC to keep me in the loop. Not happy but will make due the ports are the same and it is still 8 days on a cruise.

We were booked for the Liberty in May 2015 - now the Valor. One of the reasons I booked this cruise was because it was a ship that I had not been on before it is nice to sail on the different class of ships but when you book the early saver if I cancel I lose the deposit. I have been on the Valor loved the ship but I am still disappointed that I was not contacted by Carnival to inform me of the change. However, I can always count on CC to keep me in the loop. Not happy but will make due the ports are the same and it is still 8 days on a cruise.

According to the change of ship e-mail I received from Carnival you can contact them by September 15th if you are unhappy with the change. I bet they will let you cancel or change ships without paying the fee. I booked early saver and we are considering switching to the Glory or Breeze.

Glad you got the switch. The other thread with all the moaning and groaning is irritating to say the least. Those that got switched to Valor think it's the end of the world. All they'll miss is hamburgers.

Of COURSE they're happy here! Getting more for less money! How about those who PAID FOR THE UPGRADES OF 2.0???? And there's more than just burgers to be angry about. This is the most $$ cruise out right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Of COURSE they're happy here! Getting more for less money! How about those who PAID FOR THE UPGRADES OF 2.0???? And there's more than just burgers to be angry about. This is the most $$ cruise out right now.

They have the option of canceling or rebooking on another ship if they do it before September 15.

BTW -- Ease up on the ????????????????????.

Edited by Lovefuninthesun

According to the change of ship e-mail I received from Carnival you can contact them by September 15th if you are unhappy with the change. I bet they will let you cancel or change ships without paying the fee. I booked early saver and we are considering switching to the Glory or Breeze.

Yes but I wanted these ports not the same ones I have been on with the Glory or the Breeze. The price I paid was a little higher than I usually pay so we could have the best of both the 2.0 upgrade and the ports. I didnt' receive the notice from Carnival but have put in a call to my PVP to see what is offered but I dont' believe the Valor is worth the same fee that I paid for on the Liberty if it is not going to be upgrade soon. Not sure what we are going to decide at this point.

Yes but I wanted these ports not the same ones I have been on with the Glory or the Breeze. The price I paid was a little higher than I usually pay so we could have the best of both the 2.0 upgrade and the ports. I didnt' receive the notice from Carnival but have put in a call to my PVP to see what is offered but I dont' believe the Valor is worth the same fee that I paid for on the Liberty if it is not going to be upgrade soon. Not sure what we are going to decide at this point.

I understand. We have a family group cruising with us and some have only cruised once. They like the Valor's ports better than the Breeze or Glory. So we are going to either suck it up and stay on the Valor (because they like the ports better) or try to explain to these family members why we need to switch to a 2.0. I agree with you though the Valor, while I'm sure a fine ship, is not worth the same price as the Liberty.

My PVP and I spoke several times yesterday regarding this change, he even had a supervisor call me. You know what she offered to do for me? Give me half my deposit back. Uh what? So you want to give me half my deposit back and then technically add that back to whats owed? How does that help me? How does that say Carnival is sorry I now have a non 2.0 ship? Or I can switch to a 2.0 ship for nothing and keep my rate. But then I lose a day of cruising. All I want is something that feels like an apology from carnival for switching me to a ship I didnt choose to book on. I picked this for the ship, the 2.0 and new ports. Its not like we're all asking for a million dollars. Plus the fact I didnt even get an email from carnival regarding this. I read about it here. I told the supervisor to make sure the fact that I was upset was heard by her higher ups. She called me back after 10pm last night to let me know she told others and they were working on it, and that clearly I was not the only one upset.