Help me choose - Breeze or Glory

TerReuv

We are having to change what our plan was for cruising next year as the Liberty is moving out of Cape Canaveral. We prefer to drive to port (from Atlanta) and are now looking at the Glory (Half Moon Cay; St Thomas; San Juan & Grand Turk) or the Breeze (St Maarten; St Kitts; San Juan & Grand Turk). The Glory is a 7 day and the Breeze is an 8 day. A couple of hundred dollars difference between the two. Or, if the Valor is to have 2.0 Upgrades we could possibly go on her with the same ports as the Liberty would have been (Nassau; San Juan; St Thomas & Grand Turk).

I had already done all my research on the Liberty and we were looking forward to it. But, if the Valor does not have the 2.0 before next October, then we don't want to go on her. Oh yes - no kids just DH & I (early 50's) and my parents (70's) and we all loved the Conquest. Any thoughts?

We are having to change what our plan was for cruising next year as the Liberty is moving out of Cape Canaveral. We prefer to drive to port (from Atlanta) and are now looking at the Glory (Half Moon Cay; St Thomas; San Juan & Grand Turk) or the Breeze (St Maarten; St Kitts; San Juan & Grand Turk). The Glory is a 7 day and the Breeze is an 8 day. A couple of hundred dollars difference between the two. Or, if the Valor is to have 2.0 Upgrades we could possibly go on her with the same ports as the Liberty would have been (Nassau; San Juan; St Thomas & Grand Turk).

I had already done all my research on the Liberty and we were looking forward to it. But, if the Valor does not have the 2.0 before next October, then we don't want to go on her. Oh yes - no kids just DH & I (early 50's) and my parents (70's) and we all loved the Conquest. Any thoughts?

8 days better than 7, and Breeze has St Kitts.

I vote Breeze if you can swing the $.

8 days better than 7, and Breeze has St Kitts.

I vote Breeze if you can swing the $.

St. Kitts is really worth more? I have already checked on the other ports and St Kitts is the only one I know nothing about. I think I will do some research some this weekend on it.

Thanks!

We did a B2B on the Glory followed by the Breeze in June/July. However, our Breeze itinerary was southern Caribbean rather than eastern.

From a ship standpoint, I really think that a ship is a ship. I can't imagine there being anything on one ship that would be a significant factor in choosing a sailing. As we like to spend our ship days by the main Lido pool, I liked the Glory's layout (more of a tiered amphitheater) than the Breeze (a hole cut in the ship -- you're either on the "dance floor" or you're up a flight of stairs on another deck). The Glory allowed you to be as close to the action as you wanted to be, rather than a more binary in-or-out on the Breeze.

From a duration standpoint, I would always take 8 days (Breeze) over 7 if I could.

If I was personally choosing today between the two, I would take the Breeze only because it would have two new ports for me (St. Maarten & St. Kitts), but that doesn't really help you.

As they both go to San Juan and Grand Turk, it would seem to come down to HMC & St. Thomas vs. St. Maarten & St. Kitts. HMC was a nice beach day. It was relaxing, but didn't have much adventure or any sort of challenge. St. Thomas was pleasant enough. We rented a car and tried to be a little too ambitious about what we wanted to see. The harbor was quite picturesque from an elevated distance. The island had a lot more traffic on busy, winding roads than I expected. I had pictured more of a laid back tropical paradise.

I also was trying to decide between these two ships & itineraries & chose Glory. I liked that the Breeze was a newer ship & 8 days, but I really wanted to go to HMC. This will be my first cruise with no kids, so was really looking forward to relaxing beach days. If my DD would have been going, I think I would have booked Breeze for more entertainment options. I was also happy that I could book a 6K on the Glory that wasn't available on Breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Taylor95

IMO...out of all those ports St. Maarten is the absolute best. It's been my favorite port so far out of my cruises.

I personally don't care for Nassau or Gran Turk, St. Thomas wasn't too bad.

Haven't been to HMC or San Juan although after my cruise in 14 days I'll be able to mark San Juan off the list.

The Breeze really is a nice ship, I haven't been on the Glory so I can't properly compare the two.

I would decide if you want 7 days or 8 days first...if that's not a factor look at the ports and decide that way.