Breakaway: How comfy is the sofa bed?

shutterbug09

Hi everyone! :)

We are three people planning to get a regular balcony room. I would imagine the beds are very comfortable but the third person option always seems to be a a sofa bed. How comfortable is it?

We don't mind paying an additional $100 per person if there is a slight upgrade to a more comfortable room and will make the trip more delightful.

Thanks.

p.s.

Have cruised before on the Carnival Miracle in an oceanview room (no balcony) and the sofa bed there was not at all comfortable for a grown adult.

Hi everyone! :)

We are three people planning to get a regular balcony room. I would imagine the beds are very comfortable but the third person option always seems to be a a sofa bed. How comfortable is it?

We don't mind paying an additional $100 per person if there is a slight upgrade to a more comfortable room and will make the trip more delightful.

Thanks.

p.s.

Have cruised before on the Carnival Miracle in an oceanview room (no balcony) and the sofa bed there was not at all comfortable for a grown adult.

We were on the breakaway last march in a spa balcony room there were 3'of us (all women). While the beds were very comfy my SIL slept on the sofa bed and she had an egg crate and said it was not comfortable at all.

Last year we had a balcony cabin with a sofa bed. When I sat down on it I remember how hard and uncomfortable it was and I kind of felt sorry for my 11 year old daughter who slept on it. She never said a word and is more than ready to sleep in it again in a few weeks. As an adult though I couldn't do it for a week. Just my opinion.

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the info. So I guess we have to bring a mattress top with us? ;) Or are there any workarounds, like asking for extra bedding, something other than getting the 3rd person a separate room.

Edited by shutterbug09

I slept on the sofa on our Getaway sailing and it was comfortable for me. Seemed to be a bit more firm, which I actually prefer, but if you like a softer mattress, it might not be too comfy for you. I don't think either of my sisters would have been comfy sleeping on it all week, but then again, I would have been content sleeping on the lounger on our balcony :-P

No experience on breakaway, but the one in our mini suite on Dawn was not comfortable at all. I did not complain about it during the trip because it was a free cruise to Alaska (late 20s tagging along with parents) but I did not sleep well on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the info. So I guess we have to bring a mattress top with us? ;) Or are there any workarounds, like asking for extra bedding, something other than getting the 3rd person a separate room.

They will give you an egg crate if Younask for one. Makes it a little better but still not the most comfortable sleep for a week.