4K vs Obstructed View Balcony

xoxbear

What is the difference between a 4K and an obstructed view balcony? Thanks.

The 4K cabin has French Doors that can be opened in, and you can get fresh air, natural light, and the sound of the sea, but there is no balcony, just a railing at the door, so you can't actually walk outside. The great majority of the 4K cabins also have obstructed view as well. The obstructed view balcony, on the other hand, has doors that open, and you can walk outside, even though the view of the sea may be obstructed. No doubt the obstructed view balcony would be a bit nicer, but considering the price, the 4K cabin is truly a bargain! :cool:

"SKY"

Ken

4K sounds fabulous! Have never been in one, though for the last cruise and the one upcoming we are booked in an inside room. Stupid question - do ALL ships have the 4K or only the larger class? (don't bite I know it is a stupid question) The first 2 cruises were fantasy class and the last one was on the Victory as is the one planned for next year. I have seen these listed but they are considerably more expensive, no? Thanks for taking the time to answer. :confused:

4k is an interior room. You have a door you can open with some effort, but most likely little view unless you are lucky. 7a is an obstructed view balcony. You actually have a balcony to go out on. Your view is blocked by the lifeboats if you look directly down, and if you are short and sitting down, you can't see through the glass because all you see is lifeboat. But if you are standing your view is not blocked to look in all directions except down.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

4K sounds fabulous! Have never been in one, though for the last cruise and the one upcoming we are booked in an inside room. Stupid question - do ALL ships have the 4K or only the larger class? (don't bite I know it is a stupid question) The first 2 cruises were fantasy class and the last one was on the Victory as is the one planned for next year. I have seen these listed but they are considerably more expensive, no? Thanks for taking the time to answer. :confused:

Not a stupid question! Only the Spirit class ships have the 4k cabins (Miracle, Legend, Pride) and of course Sprit, but it's in Australia.

They are a great bargain, especially if you get one between lifeboats and have a bit of a view.

For your Victory cruise - did you consider Oceanview? Those cabins are 220sq ft vs 180 for the inside on that ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums