Port Everglades Transportation to MIA

Fl Sue

(First time posting)

We are taking a repositioning cruise on 10/31 from Rome to Ft Lauderdale, flying from MIA. We would like to leave our vehicle at the Park and Go in Ft Lauderdale and take a shuttle to MIA. I'm having problems finding transportation...any ideas?

I'd like to help, but your post is a little confusing. If you are arriving at Port Everglades by ship and flying out of MIA, why are you parking a vehicle at Park and Go in Ft. Lauderdale?

We use Tri-Rail to go to FLL and to MIA. Inexpensive and safe. The only negative is that you have to schlep your luggage on and off the shuttle bus at each end of the trip. The train does not go directly to the airports; the stations are a few blocks from FLL and MIA airports.

You may get better help from people that live in the area of your port you are cruising from or frequently cruise from your port of interest if you posted this in the "port of call" section of cruise critic.

Your thread may likely be moved there by the board moderator.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

We are Floridians, plan to leave the car at off site parking in Ft Lauderdale, then (finding transportation) get to MIA for our flight to Rome. We return on 11/16, Celebrity Silhouette repositioning cruise. We can then pick up the vehicle and drive home.:o

OK Sue, I understand it now! I would still recommend Tri-Rail. Take the Park and Go shuttle to FLL and then the Tri-Rail shuttle to the train station which just west of I-95. But if you have a lot of luggage, splurge for a taxi or car service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just called MJS to see if they will pick up at Port Everglades (PE) and transport to Port of Miami (PM.) They do not. Does anyone know of any company that will pick up at Port Everglades and tranport you to Port of Miami. Getting off one ship at Port Everglades and getting on another at Port of Miami.

I have found SAS Transport Services, but cannot find out if they will pickup at PE and dropoff at PM. Trying to find out with emailing them now.

Thanks!

Just heard back from SAS and they do not pick up at PE either. Any suggestions?

Edited by Oxo
Updated Answer

Just called MJS to see if they will pick up at Port Everglades (PE) and transport to Port of Miami (PM.) They do not. Does anyone know of any company that will pick up at Port Everglades and tranport you to Port of Miami. Getting off one ship at Port Everglades and getting on another at Port of Miami.

I have found SAS Transport Services, but cannot find out if they will pickup at PE and dropoff at PM. Trying to find out with emailing them now.

Thanks!

Just heard back from SAS and they do not pick up at PE either. Any suggestions?

Just checked Jiffy Jeff and they also do not pick up at PE. Their reason is that it takes too much time/trouble to get into and out of PE due to congestion. They all suggest get to the airport then use them to get to POM.

We went with the Alitalia nonstop air from MIA, less hassle and chance of losing luggage. Am going to book the car rentals tomorrow...two OW rentals, will leave our vehicle in the garage at home.