Disembark off CB-What Time?

Jayne315

Just returned yesterday. They started to disembark at 8:45. Our group started at 9:27, and we were off the ship, searching for luggage, at 9:36. TIP- get close to the door (deck 5) as the prior group is disembarking; you will know by a sheet given to you the night before.

If you have an early flight, go to Passenger Services with your airline ticket, mid-week, and they will get you off earlier than other. By the way, the BIGGEST nightmare is getting a transfer/bus/taxi when you disembark.

By the way, the BIGGEST nightmare is getting a transfer/bus/taxi when you disembark.

Actually, DH and I thought the biggest nightmare was finding our luggage in the sea of bags in the terminal. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the way the bags were "organized," and the terminal doesn't seem large enough to accommodate all that luggage.

I've gotten some great tips on how to rectify this when we sail on the CB again next January. Everything else about the cruise was sensational, and we look forward to our encore voyage.

Chris

Just off the CB yesterday, too, and I agree that the shuttle/taxi situation is pretty bad. Our shuttle came pretty quick, but with all the people pouring out of the terminal, it gets crazy. As far as the baggage, I think the earlier you get off, the more luggage you need to search through. We marked our bags with lots of bright duct tape, which really helped, and our bags were located reasonably close together. And by the time we left at 10:00 a.m., the sea of luggage had thinned out a bit.

Our friends had a 10:15 AM flight out of Ft. Lauderdale last week. They got the tags for early disembarkation, which started at 8:40 a.m. They found their bags and took a taxi and had no problem making their flight. I would not take that early of a flight unless you REALLY need to. There are many reasons why the ship might be delayed.

Our flights were not until later, but we opted to carry off our own bags anyway. You can carry your bags on if they are the size you can carry on planes, otherwise they won't fit thru the xray machines in the ship terminal (doesn't matter on the way off the ship, they don't get xrayed).

Finding a taxi was not a problem for either of us - there were plenty.

Archived