Fishing in the Bahamas

Contemplating going fishing for tuna or blue marlin while in port in the Bahamas.

Does anyone have any personal experience or any knowledgeo of a fishing boat charter company called Chubascos?

Any personal experience with fishing charters while in port in general?

Hi, HazyDavy! I'm not familiar with the company you're talking about, but I can share what I have experienced...and this was in Mexico. It's pretty expensive, and you'll pay less if you can get more people to join you. There's no catch-guarantee, but they do provide all gear and tackle. One thing you really need to be careful about...making sure you get back to the ship on time for departure unless your ship is overnighting there. I know that in Mexico (we were in Manzanillo), my ex-husband paid about 200.00 US (his share) , and he went with four others. He DID get a blue marlin, which cost a HUGE amount to be stuffed, mounted, and shipped back to him in CO. During the divorce, he got the blue marlin, and I got the house:)!

Me, too! Good luck with your fishing, HazyDavey:)!!

P.S. - forgot to mention that this was a private full-day charter they went on. Three blue marlins were caught that day. This was in mid-November...we had rented a "villa" for a week down there.

Archived