Carnival Credit Card Offered On Board..is it really worth it?

UpstateCruizer

I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks. I get my warm and fuzzies getting the absolute maximum possible back for my purchases and point redemptions. I cringe every time I see someone paying for something with a debit card, cash, or check or when someone tells me they used their points for Bose headphones or the like :eek:

IMO with only a 10,000 bonus, 90,000 is a lot of points to earn just to get a 1.5 cent redemption that's really limited in scope. Transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards points I can easily get 2 cents or more value for a 25000 domestic airline redemption which could be the airfare to my cruise or any other trip. And the bonus is 40,000 points for the Sapphire Preferred. And I still get 2x points if I pay for the cruise with this card.

Now that is correct!:D:p On this we can completely agree. That's why there are so many different types of credit card reward systems out there - to suck us all in on whichever one(s) appeals to each of us.

Using a reward points credit card the way I do (completely debt-free and within my means and budget) is one thing about which I've always disagreed with the great Dave Ramsey.:p For those of us that are responsible with our money, there is no reason not to use a card that gives us free money just for doing our regular spending.

I only regret not getting this card (or some other rewards card) sooner. DH and I used to be those people using our debit cards for everything - not because we didn't have or couldn't get credit - we had great credit, and no debt and were just living debt-free without thinking of the free money we could be getting by simply changing the piece of plastic that we were using.:rolleyes::o

I use my Cabelas card. :) However, I have about everything I want outdoor related and have thought about the Carnival card. I like the idea of saving for a cruise vs saving for something I'm not really wanting.

Not to extend this argument (well, I guess I am) :), but what would you all think would be the best "no fee" card? Is there one better than Carnival?