Crab Shack on Grand

SDCruizer

Leaving soon for second time to Alaska. First time with Princess (Grand). Searched and couldn't find anything current regarding when the Crab Shack is open. Does anyone who's returned recently have any information please? Also, searched for recent Grand platters and couldn't find any. Anyone care to share please? Thanks.

We will be in the Golden to Alaska next August. Do they have Crab Shack on that ship? and is it free, what is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is specialty dining only available on select evenings that will be listed in the patter and the cost is $20pp.

Mike:)

Just got off the Grand on 8/31. Crab Shack was available on Tues. and Friday. We booked a table on Friday b/c we wanted to dine at 6 pm and there were no tables for that seating on Tuesday. Although Formal night was on Friday, (sea day), we were told to dress smart casual. Bibs are provided. Part of the room used for Horizon Court tables is set aside for the Shack. A door is closed to separate the two venues. Available 6pm - 9:30pm, Deck 14 aft.

Edited by MovedfromNJ
incomplete sentence.

We were on the Grand last March and we decided to try the Crab Shack. I was concerned my DH might not like it because he only likes crab and shrimp cocktails. Neither of us were disappointed.

We started with Manhattan clam chowder which I really liked but, DH would have preferred Boston style. Also, hush puppies, popcorn shrimp and garlic bread. At this point, I was already pretty full.

I ordered the Grand Steamer which was a large pot containing crab legs (I don't recall how many; I gave them to my DH), clams, mussels, shrimp, corn on the cob, sausage and potatoes. It was a TON of food and very good.

I don't remember the name of what my DH ordered; it was the one with mostly crab. His also had shrimp, corn on the cob, sausage and potatoes.

I don't remember what we had for dessert as I was in a food coma 😜

I would have dinner at the Crab Shack again in a heart beat! Even my picky, hard to please DH said he'd go again. In my opinion, it's well worth the $20 p/person.

We were on the Grand last March and we decided to try the Crab Shack. I was concerned my DH might not like it because he only likes crab and shrimp cocktails. Neither of us were disappointed.

We started with Manhattan clam chowder which I really liked but, DH would have preferred Boston style. Also, hush puppies, popcorn shrimp and garlic bread. At this point, I was already pretty full.

I ordered the Grand Steamer which was a large pot containing crab legs (I don't recall how many; I gave them to my DH), clams, mussels, shrimp, corn on the cob, sausage and potatoes. It was a TON of food and very good.

I don't remember the name of what my DH ordered; it was the one with mostly crab. His also had shrimp, corn on the cob, sausage and potatoes.

I don't remember what we had for dessert as I was in a food coma 😜

I would have dinner at the Crab Shack again in a heart beat! Even my picky, hard to please DH said he'd go again. In my opinion, it's well worth the $20 p/person.

We will be on the Grand in a few months and have discussed doing this. My husband doesn't like to "work" at eating, I.e. Crack open the crab legs. I read somewhere that they have the legs cut and split open on the Grand. Was that your experience?

Thanks.

I was concerned my DH might not like it because he only likes crab and shrimp cocktails. Neither of us were disappointed.

I see that the Crab Shack might be a good change of pace. ;) Could you tell us if the sausage was Andouille sausage (a spicy pork product that has its origins in French cuisine, but also has a revered place in Cajun cooking). We really enjoy the kick of Andouille! :eek::D

I see that the Crab Shack might be a good change of pace. ;) Could you tell us if the sausage was Andouille sausage (a spicy pork product that has its origins in French cuisine, but also has a revered place in Cajun cooking). We really enjoy the kick of Andouille! :eek::D

No, what we had on the Ruby was not Andouille but just a generic smoked sausage much to my dismay.

Mike:)