Wine Package

reilly1

Going on our first Cunard cruise in October to celebrate DH 60th birthday. We normally cruise Celebrity and purchase the Premium Drinks Package. I see that Wine Packages are available on Cunard. Does anyone know if the bottles are available at the various bars as well as in the Dining Room, and if not, can we bring unfinished bottles from the Dining Room into the bars after dinner?

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Going on our first Cunard cruise in October to celebrate DH 60th birthday. We normally cruise Celebrity and purchase the Premium Drinks Package. I see that Wine Packages are available on Cunard. Does anyone know if the bottles are available at the various bars as well as in the Dining Room, and if not, can we bring unfinished bottles from the Dining Room into the bars after dinner?

Thanks for any help with this matter.

I believe that they are designed for use in the restaurants, you can take the unused wine with you to the bar but I think it might prove difficult to access any unopened bottles from there. You are given a booklet of vouchers which you swap for a bottle of the wine which is named thereon so it might work but I doubt it. The deal represents a saving of between 10 and 15% on the regular prices but they specify which wines are in the package and you can't swap one for another. I bought it once but haven't repeated it since.

We had the cases delivered to the hotel, we took them on board. No issue ... there is a corkage charge but minimal. We were in wht Queens Grill and were not charged

The wine on the Cunard ships is selected for the non-grill passengers. The selection of mid to highend wines was minimal. Don't expect to see California wines. The QE Sommelier actually said to our group ( Wine Tasting Event) that Americans have the taste buds of McDonalds as it relates to fine wines.!! I politely told him I was an American and he could take his Euopean wines and put them up his xxx

We had the cases delivered to the hotel, we took them on board. No issue ... there is a corkage charge but minimal. We were in wht Queens Grill and were not charged

The wine on the Cunard ships is selected for the non-grill passengers. The selection of mid to highend wines was minimal. Don't expect to see California wines. The QE Sommelier actually said to our group ( Wine Tasting Event) that Americans have the taste buds of McDonalds as it relates to fine wines.!! I politely told him I was an American and he could take his Euopean wines and put them up his xxx

What a crass statement.

The QE Sommelier actually said to our group ( Wine Tasting Event) that Americans have the taste buds of McDonalds as it relates to fine wines.!! I politely told him I was an American and he could take his Euopean wines and put them up his xxx

You're not seriously suggesting that Californian wines can compare with European or indeed many other new and old world wines?

David.

Unfortunately I think he is.

I remember buying Californian wine by Paul Masson when I was (a lot!) younger - it came in a carafe that looked very similar in shape to the specimen jars one used to get in hospitals to do the necessary....😂 Very appropriate in my opinion.....