San Juan embarkation

blondietink

So we are now on the Liberty (formerly the Valor) in April 2015. We are flying in a few days early to get in some beach time. So, we will have to check out of our condo in the am. How soon can I drop off our luggage at the ship and get on it? After settling in our cabin, can we then get off and explore Old San Juan before the ship leaves at 10 pm? Is there MDR service on embarkation day for dinner?

We too are on the Liberty (formerly the Valor) in April. From what I understand you can drop luggage off fairly early (10:30 -11:00) to the porters but I'm not sure how soon we can actually get on the ship. I have heard around noon.

I do know you can get back off and explore San Juan - thats what we plan to do. I think you have to be back on before 8:30.

MDR will have open seating the first night and muster drill is usually done around 8:30 or 9:00.

We took the Valor last year and we arrived around 10:30 am. We were the first sailing with FTTF. We didn't sit very long, maybe 15 minutes before we boarded.

So you were on the boat by 10:45???? :confused:

On June 1st I arrived at port at 10:45AM. They started letting people on the boat about 11:55. I was on the boat by 12:10

We were on the same itinerary on Valor out of San Juan in May 2013. We flew in a day early to get a hotel in Isla Verde (near the airport) and to spend that afternoon on the beach. Hotel check out was at noon the next day, but we spend some time on the beach the next morning then went down to check out at 11:30 and finally checked out around 11:45 then were able to get a cab from the hotel (20 minute ride from hotel to ship). Once we got out of the cab with our luggage, it was a short line to the porters to drop our stuff off then the lines went really quick to get on Valor. We had tables up on the Lido deck (where lunch was being served) and "Funship Specials" by 12:40, waited for cabins to be ready so we could drop off carry-ons then got back off the ship and spent the afternoon in Old San Juan and the forts. Dinner was open seating (5:30 - 8:30, I believe) and muster drill at 9:30.

Edited by pghsteelerfan