Need Help with upgrade offer!!!

cruising_diva

Sailing Oct. 26 on the Dream. Currently booked in 2404, Cat. 7C Cove balcony. We've never done a balcony before, and we are very much looking forward to it! I just got an email offer for a standand balcony for $40 on deck 11, still midship. It IS closer to Lido. Its NOT under the galley, like I am pretty sure our current stateroom is.

Someone help. One of the things that I was looking forward to most about the cove is the PRIVACY. And being so close to the water. Is it worth it to upgrade?

Deck 11 is where the bandstand is, according to the deck plans.

Sailing Oct. 26 on the Dream. Currently booked in 2404, Cat. 7C Cove balcony. We've never done a balcony before, and we are very much looking forward to it! I just got an email offer for a standand balcony for $40 on deck 11, still midship. It IS closer to Lido. Its NOT under the galley, like I am pretty sure our current stateroom is.

Someone help. One of the things that I was looking forward to most about the cove is the PRIVACY. And being so close to the water. Is it worth it to upgrade?

I wouldn't do it. There are only 3 ships currently that you can get a cove balcony on. So many people talk about how wonderful they are. A standard mid ship balcony can be gotten on any cruise. Plus with the outside promenade deck you don't have as much privacy on your balcony as you would on your cove. Although I think deck 11 is far enough from the promenade you should be fine. If you guys were looking forward to the cove why switch??

Received the same email offer for our Magic Halloween cruise. After much thought we are staying in the Cove. I am really looking forward to the Cove experience. I think it will be so neat to be that close to the water.

I've never tried a cove, but have heard good things about them. I'm usually a "higher is better" kind of guy, so for $40 (not sure if that is total or pp, but it is really an immaterial amount either way), I would take it. But I think this just comes down to "what do you prefer" rather than "is it worth it".